Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Just wanted everyone to know....

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 06:02 PM
Self-Admitted Scammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was actually 70 degrees today...i was surprised. Other than that, its going down hill. You should come up here in the spring for the OTB meet or something
Old 10-14-2008, 03:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 11 Bravo
It is a lie. Screw you and your **** "moderators".
LOL... you're lying here too? Stand up act man....
Old 10-14-2008, 03:42 PM
Launching!

I Race In Heels is a smurfing idiot.

Thank you for banning him.

Or is that a girl? Looks like a fat guy. Must be a girl or a tranny who wears heels.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:00 PM
On The Tree

This thread is a great read.

Thanks Guys
Old 10-14-2008, 04:11 PM
10 Second Club

The last couple of pages had me LOL. Good to see HRJ and Doric post over here as well.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:41 PM
Staging Lane

I have been over there for awhile and never had a problem with the moderators over there. I don't know Doric, but HRJ has helped me in the past.( thanks!) I have seen the buyers feedback used in both a positive way and negative way. A couple of vendors that were quite bad are no longer there and rightly so, one thread seems to have come back to life since the people that got screwed still have yet to get there stuff or refunds. I would like to find a better way to hold people accountable for there actions in the forsale section that are not vendors. I have been screwed or lied to more than once and there really is little that can be done to stop it. Buyer beware is about as far as you can go. I will not use the forsale section much because of this, but as a GTO owner and racer, the site has more information than you can find anywhere else and has helped me out aprox. 90% of the time. Will always go there for my information and to talk to the people bringing the new things out for our cars.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:19 PM
12 Second Club

I'm surprised that this thread got so far. Evidently, there were more than a few people with something to say about this topic. Anyways, yes, I am posting back over there and attempting to stick to the guidelines. I still say that if you are going to buy DDM HID kits, buy them from DDMtuning.com instead of Gremlyn's Garage though.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:06 PM
Teching In

were you cleared to say that?
Old 10-14-2008, 07:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's pretty sad that most of the Ohio members (over 90%) for the most part left and created BuckeyeGoats.com because of the sites policies two years ago. Its sad because some of these member were some of the earliest and most knowledgeable on LSxGTO. Recently most of the western PA members joined BuckeyeGoats because of a bunch of petty BS that got a a Pittsburgh member banned. It just keeps spiraling downward as the knowlageable exit.

Frankly there needs to be a housekeeping of the mods on LSxGTO. I see very little useful content about the car being posted by the current staff there ... it needs new blood that can turn that site around to the way it used to be. The way to do that is to bring in members as mods that actually have continued doing things with their cars and can contribute new content knowledge.

Last edited by GTO1_OHIO; 10-14-2008 at 07:45 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:40 AM
Staging Lane

I agree with high voltage on buying directly from ddm. I personally didn't buy anything from gremlins, but it was 40 bucks cheaper buying directly from ddm. The hid kit I bought with that extra wiring harness and shipping came out to 140 and that is how much gremlins wanted before shipping and without the harness.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:58 AM
wrp
9 Second Club

Damned, this is like old home week.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:55 AM
HRJ
Launching!

Originally Posted by GTO1_OHIO
Frankly there needs to be a housekeeping of the mods on LSxGTO. I see very little useful content about the car being posted by the current staff there ... it needs new blood that can turn that site around to the way it used to be.
It's never gonna be the way it used to be. 99% of the tech has been scienced out, the price of the cars have dropped considerably....which means you get a younger, rowdier crowd. It's just different, and that's OK. Things change, and that's natural.

But hey, if you think you can do better, e-mail the guys at AutoForums and tell them you want my position there. If they contact me and say that they want to replace me with you, I won't even blink....I'll walk. You have no idea how much effort the staff puts in to keep a site of a decent size running smoothly on a daily basis. Ask any of the mods here...I'm sure they'll agree. It's volunteer and people were chosen because of how much they care about the site. All I seem to see from you is negativity.....try going in a positive direction for a change.

When it all comes down to it, whaddya got.......a handful of people unhappy compared to thousands that have no issues whatsoever. I'm satisfied with that.

Quick Reply: Just wanted everyone to know....