Project Comments & Discussion Use this forum to discuss Sponsor projects.

Wiring Help with '98 Firebird Door to a '95 Firebird Body

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2019, 09:56 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring Help with '98 Firebird Door to a '95 Firebird Body

First time I've posted on here, so go easy on me. I recently acquired a '95 Firebird convertible and have been attempting to restore it little by little. I live in the Louisville, KY area, and had a guy on Facebook Marketplace sell me a couple of pristine doors off of a '98 model. Only problem is, when we took the new doors off of the '98, we cut the wires, and found that multiple wires, especially on the Driver Side Door, are the same color. In other words, multiple browns, blues, blacks etc. I'm not really caring much about power mirror or lock options at the moment, but mainly just want to be able to roll the windows up and down. I currently have a Haynes Manual and it has a basic schematic of the Power Windows Circuit, but with multiple colors the same, I almost don't know where to start. I do HVAC and Refrigeration Controls at work, am pretty good with electrical controls for the most part, and have a good, accurate multi meter at my disposal. Can anyone help a brother out, or does anyone know someone in the Louisville, KY area who is familiar with 4th gen wiring, besides a dealership? I'd pay someone if necessary. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 02-08-2020, 06:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Is the wiring still intact on the 95, or did you cut that one too? You should have just pulled the harness out of the door, pulled the door off, put the new door on and install the harness in the door. Otherwise, you're going to have to do this the hard way. Trace the wires back to find out what they go to. This will be painful, but it's really the only thing you can do. Paying someone is likely going to be really expensive too, since they would have to do the same thing, and likely going to charge by the hour.

Also, definitely not the right place to post this kind of issue. You should probably ask a mod to move it.

Quick Reply: Wiring Help with '98 Firebird Door to a '95 Firebird Body