Project Comments & Discussion Use this forum to discuss Sponsor projects.

W2W craftsmanship

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 08:17 PM
Super Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

That's an awesome sig Super Speed!
Old 01-27-2007, 12:45 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Reckless
That's an awesome sig Super Speed!
Thanks
Old 02-04-2007, 09:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any chance of you guys mass producing that slick throttle cable mount on the 2002?
Old 02-05-2007, 07:14 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by redrumss
Any chance of you guys mass producing that slick throttle cable mount on the 2002?
We don't really mass produce anything. Just make whatever the situation calls for, so I doubt we will plan for that
Old 02-13-2007, 09:31 AM
TECH Regular

That rear tire/fender set-up is absolutlely amazing. I didn't think there was anyone doing that kind of custom work. It makes me giddy even thinking of that as a possibility.
Old 02-18-2007, 06:20 PM
10 Second Club

Reckless do you guys have to cut the stock floor out to use the 4 link setup? I am interested in doing a setup like that.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:26 PM
Super Moderator

We will be removing some of the floor where the rear seat cushions usually sit.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:12 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Awesome build guys! Amazing craftsmanship, really awesome to see some one build a 4th gen to that caliber. Even more so that its a 93, no bias on my part there being a 93 owner myself, Bunch of us 93 guys are following the build, my question to you guys is, why that car? Its a nice car dont get me wrong but its an LT1 F-body, not the basis I would think of such a huge project to that caliber. Kinda curious behind that, a lot of us 93 guys really like the project because it shows people putting so much effort in to a car that didnt start off as any thing really all that special like a lot of our cars that we have continued to work and build on over the years. Its really awesome to see it being built but any reason as to why that particular car?

Thanks
Old 03-07-2007, 04:38 AM
SRZ
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

potentz I'm scared to ask what that's costing but curious at the same time. LOL! I swear that's a 100K project. Dayumn worth every penny too IMO. One day I plan on W2W doing my rear panels as a retirement gift to myself in 09'!
Old 03-07-2007, 01:47 PM
12 Second Club

WOW!! I had first seen this thread today. DAYUM! I now know where I'm bringing my car if I hit the lottery. I know most on here are in love with the pimp/bling, but those wheels are flat out EVIL looking, and fit the project MUCH better than chromie G/polished rolling stock. This work/craftsmanship is AMAZING!!
Old 03-08-2007, 12:00 PM
Teching In

Thanks guys for the comments regarding the build. The project is far exceeding my expectations. I spent an hour talking to Kurt at W2W the other day and getting his valuable input into the project. The team of fabricators at W2W are simply amazing.

This was my first sports car that I purchased and I am a huge fan of the early 4th gens. I always had a vision of how I wished the car would have looked, particularly with flared quarter panels. The Camaros don't look right to me with the flat quarter panels. If you look at the car from the rear the quarters are straight with the door but the front fenders do have some flare to them. To me, having the rear quarters flared will give the car the correct look. Then the rest of the build just continued to progress with everything else. For example, to use the size of tire that I wanted and to have that "low" look, the car needed to be mini-tubbed in order to allow for proper suspension travel. Then to get the car real low, you can't have the fuel tank over the rear end and the factory suspension setup (torque arm) will interfere with the tunnel if you go too low. The solution, a fuel cell and a totally different suspension setup so that everything could come together. I only wanted to best of best as far as the setup went, so that is why I went with the fabricated rearend, carbon tubs, etc etc. Kurt is going to setup the rear suspension so that I will work correctly at the drag strip, on the street and also on the road course. This also will require having three wheel/tire setups. A lot of thought is going into the build to allow this (for example Denny will have the rear drag sway bar setup with a quick disconnect for when the car is driven on the street and road course). This is where their knowledge comes into play. Also, in order to have the car properly low, the dual stainless exhaust will be tucked up into the tunnel area and will be routed on each side of the transmission coming off the headers so that the exhaust is not the lowest point (if you look under the car when it is finished you won't even be able to see the exhaust). This required extensive floorboard modifications and a custom tranny crossmember.

As far as costs, I will only say that I will have over $100k after the car is finished the way I want it done. Perfection does come at a cost :>
Old 03-09-2007, 09:32 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by potentz
Thanks guys for the comments regarding the build. The project is far exceeding my expectations. I spent an hour talking to Kurt at W2W the other day and getting his valuable input into the project. The team of fabricators at W2W are simply amazing.

This was my first sports car that I purchased and I am a huge fan of the early 4th gens. I always had a vision of how I wished the car would have looked, particularly with flared quarter panels. The Camaros don't look right to me with the flat quarter panels. If you look at the car from the rear the quarters are straight with the door but the front fenders do have some flare to them. To me, having the rear quarters flared will give the car the correct look. Then the rest of the build just continued to progress with everything else. For example, to use the size of tire that I wanted and to have that "low" look, the car needed to be mini-tubbed in order to allow for proper suspension travel. Then to get the car real low, you can't have the fuel tank over the rear end and the factory suspension setup (torque arm) will interfere with the tunnel if you go too low. The solution, a fuel cell and a totally different suspension setup so that everything could come together. I only wanted to best of best as far as the setup went, so that is why I went with the fabricated rearend, carbon tubs, etc etc. Kurt is going to setup the rear suspension so that I will work correctly at the drag strip, on the street and also on the road course. This also will require having three wheel/tire setups. A lot of thought is going into the build to allow this (for example Denny will have the rear drag sway bar setup with a quick disconnect for when the car is driven on the street and road course). This is where their knowledge comes into play. Also, in order to have the car properly low, the dual stainless exhaust will be tucked up into the tunnel area and will be routed on each side of the transmission coming off the headers so that the exhaust is not the lowest point (if you look under the car when it is finished you won't even be able to see the exhaust). This required extensive floorboard modifications and a custom tranny crossmember.

As far as costs, I will only say that I will have over $100k after the car is finished the way I want it done. Perfection does come at a cost :>
Its a beautiful project, potentz. Its obvious that you and W2W have put a lot of thought into it right down to the often-unappreciated details. IMO there are few things more rewarding than watching a well-thought-out plan being masterfully executed by a talented group of folks. I'm very interested to see the pics as this build progresses.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:53 PM
TECH Resident

We need updates
Old 04-12-2007, 09:28 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I put a few new pictures up James, thanks for the reminder!!

Kurt
Originally Posted by King James
We need updates
Old 04-13-2007, 09:25 AM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just hope that one day Ill be financially able to send my camaro to W2W!!
Old 05-10-2007, 07:53 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

New updates on the '93 Camaro build are amazing. I've been following the build since W2W posted it up.

Potentz, you and I have very similar thoughts. The car is going to look killer. By the looks of it so far.... I'd seriously go as far as saying it will be one of the baddest Camaros ever built. PERIOD.

Awesome work guys...
Old 05-14-2007, 05:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the kind words, we really love hearing it!!! Its great to work with customers with cool visions of what the cars should be.

Kurt
Originally Posted by BAD *** TA WS6
New updates on the '93 Camaro build are amazing. I've been following the build since W2W posted it up.

Potentz, you and I have very similar thoughts. The car is going to look killer. By the looks of it so far.... I'd seriously go as far as saying it will be one of the baddest Camaros ever built. PERIOD.

Awesome work guys...

Quick Reply: W2W craftsmanship