Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

What's F-stock legal?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2003, 05:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default What's F-stock legal?

Things I know I'm all set on...

Koni adjustables front and rear (but not on lower perch)
35mm front swaybar
catback exhaust

Things I'm questionable on...
cold air free cutout on lower intake plastic
aftermarket intake lid
MAF screens removed
EGR plumbing cut back
lou's short stick shifter

How picky would they get if I removed the rear spring isolators. I know technically no ride height adjustments are allowed, but in general would I get pushed into Prepared for doing this? The rear of my car just sits close to 2 full inches higher then a stock sports car has any right to be sitting at. Are they extremely strict about pulling the spring isolators out (doesn't look like they'd lower the rear by any more then half an inch at the most, probably more like quarter of an inch)

Wheels and tires, do I have to stay with the stock sizes? Can I go with a 255 or 265 tire on the stock wheels, or go with larger wheels, like 17x9.5s? What about competition or racing tires, any restrictions on these for F-stock?
Old 09-28-2003, 10:19 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: What's F-stock legal?

Taking out the spring isolators will lower the car about 3/4 inch. I run mine without them all the time. Don't take them out until you put in stiffer springs and shocks or you will get a weird "wallowing" of the tail end of the car at some speeds.

As far as the getting pushed into Prepared; I resigned myself to that a long time ago, otherwise you can't do hardly anything to your car. I wouldn't want to race without some good subframe connectors; you can get some nice dimples in the rear quarter pannel among other things.
Old 09-29-2003, 08:01 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: What's F-stock legal?

The lid would be ESP.

Not sure about the free mods. But the rule is: If it is not explicitly allowed.. then it is illegal.

Sub-frames will put you in Street Mod (SM).

Quick Reply: What's F-stock legal?