Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

Harness suggestions anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 07:28 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Harness suggestions anyone?

Hi,
I'm planning on installing some harnesses for when I'm autocrossing. I've looked around and the best deal seems to be these Corbeau 2" belts http://www.soloperformance.com/Corbe...Belt_p_92.html There are certainly cheaper generic ones on eBay, but I don't think this is the place to cut corners.
My question is does anyone have any other suggestions that do well for our F-bodies? I was probably going to get the double release feature so I can access the back seat easier. Also, are you using strictly bolt in, or paying the extra $10 for the snap in feature along with the bolt in? I didn't think I should go further and get camlock releases and all that since I'm only autocrossing and don't plan on any track events anytime soon.
I'm also curious where you are mounting them. Are you using the rear pillar mount where the rear seatbelts retractors are, or using the lower rear seat belt anchoring points where the buckles are mounted to the floorboard.
A lot of questions I know, but I'm trying to get a feel for how most people are doing these for Autocross. Also, I picked up some T/A seats because of the separate headrest.
Any feedback is appreciated.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:21 AM
TECH Addict

id rather find a second hand harness bar, and get some SFI or FIA harnesses for it..which i did.

look hard and you can find a bar..
Old 02-23-2010, 09:40 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SIK02SS
id rather find a second hand harness bar, and get some SFI or FIA harnesses for it..which i did.

look hard and you can find a bar..
Any ideas on harness bars? I know LG doesn't make them anymore and they are hard to find it seems. Seems like lots of people looking but few people with bars for sale.
Anyone here have one they are looking to sell? A harness bar would be nicer than doing the seat belt anchor route.
Anyone out there have one?
Old 02-24-2010, 05:33 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Racin'Z28
Any ideas on harness bars? I know LG doesn't make them anymore and they are hard to find it seems. Seems like lots of people looking but few people with bars for sale.
Anyone here have one they are looking to sell? A harness bar would be nicer than doing the seat belt anchor route.
Anyone out there have one?
TTT, Anyone with ideas on Harness bars or specific harnesses?

Quick Reply: Harness suggestions anyone?