Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

Hoosier A6 VS Kumho 710

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010 | 06:59 PM
Teching In

Default Hoosier A6 VS Kumho 710

Has anyone used both? what one did you like better? I autocross and have always used Hoosiers but I was thinking about trying the Kumhos. We race in Oregon and track temps are usually pretty low
Old 05-14-2010 | 07:42 PM
Launching!

The Hoosiers are faster. No question. They don't tolerate the sort of caveman driving that the Kumho will tolerate though. I think this is mostly due to the rounder profile of the 710 shoulder.

The Kumhos will last longer but I just got 116 runs out of my last set of A6s. Finally learning how to be reasonably quick without sliding the nose everywhere is probably a big factor in that.

In my personal experience it seems that the Kumhos are a bit more tolerant of cold weather but the Hoosiers handle the heat better.

I pretty much ran the same pressures for both brands.

The above is with the 315 / 35 - 17 size in mind (all four corners).
Old 05-17-2010 | 04:59 PM
TECH Addict

Are you talking about track or auto-x?

In my track experience, Kumhos grease up and get very oily fast. They also fall off fast through a session once they start to get up to temperature. The Hoosier A6s are the best DOT-R tire you can buy for sprint racing. However in open track applications, you will NOT get the same amount of heat cycles out of them like Ironhead mentioned

Quick Reply: Hoosier A6 VS Kumho 710