Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

Rear end went sideways, ABS inop, low trac etc. lights came on

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 05:19 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2000Z28M6:
I just realize that the "EBCM" is what I know as ABS module. In this case, it has been opened and the circuits have been checked, no faults.

wrencher:
The problem at least with my car (that has Stoptechs for front brakes) is that then stock rear pads melt like nothing. A Hawk HP+ lasted only 2-3 months compared with a HT10 in the rear which lasts ~ 1 year... (and the HP+ didn't help with the issues, are they still too aggressive?).
Old 04-16-2012, 06:55 AM
Staging Lane

What would also help is if ABS (the EBCM) could be resetted without switching off/on ignition. But I guess that's not so easy to do if possible at all...
Old 04-18-2012, 12:16 AM
wrencher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BenZ28
wrencher:
The problem at least with my car (that has Stoptechs for front brakes) is that then stock rear pads melt like nothing. A Hawk HP+ lasted only 2-3 months compared with a HT10 in the rear which lasts ~ 1 year... (and the HP+ didn't help with the issues, are they still too aggressive?).

Wow in your case I would consider doing more suspension mods to keep wheel hop in check.
Last of them would be a de-coupled TA.
Car still near full weight then?
Old 04-18-2012, 04:28 AM
Staging Lane

Car is about full weight (just spare wheel removed).

Luckily it doesn't happen so often, e.g. let's say I'm driving on the track 10 weekends in a row and it would happen only once every 4th weekend but still it sucks... I have to bring the car to a stop, shutdown and restart it to continue with a "reasonable" (fast) speed.

For the rear suspension I got Strano springs with Koni shocks and a UMI torque arm...
Old 04-19-2012, 06:48 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The biggest thing to solve this issue is put STOCK parts store pads on the rear, this cures this for the most part. Run a good pad with bite on the front.

I run Carbotech XP12 on front and a XP8 on the rear and they work great.

I ran a XP10 on front and a Hawk HP+ on the rear with no issues.

Dont "hop" on the brakes, be smooth. Step on the brakes lightly(1/3 pedal or so) let the car rotate forward and then hunker down on them once its settled with the weight on the nose of the car.

Quick Reply: Rear end went sideways, ABS inop, low trac etc. lights came on