Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

Charity Autocross and Drivers School April 14-15

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 10:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Charity Autocross and Drivers School April 14-15

The Purdue Automotive Performance Association (PAPA) and Lafayette Corvette Club will be holding a charity autocross on Saturday and Sunday April 14-15. It will be at Grissom Aeroplex in Peru, IN. All proceeds go to the Wounded Warrior Project. There will be a drivers school on Saturday morning and driving instructors available both Saturday and Sunday to ride along and give advice. Event is open to all makes and models of cars, but high center of gravity SUVs and trucks may not be allowed (up to tech inspector's discretion). See flyer below for more information or contact Tyler Griffin.

Minimum donation
1 Day $25
2 Days $40

Old 03-27-2012, 10:14 PM
Staging Lane

If you have never tried autocrossing or racing in general, this is a fun and safe way to try it. You will learn where the limits are in your car and know how well it handles.
Old 03-31-2012, 11:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I've wanted to do something like this for a long time. Are their any in chicagoland area? Or how far is peru Indiana?
Old 03-31-2012, 03:15 PM
Staging Lane

Peru is about 2-2.5hr from Chicago, or 2.5-3hr from Romeoville. I live near South Bend, IN and it is a straight shot down to Grissom at almost exactly 1 hour. You should be able to jump on I65 south and take that down to US24. Take US24 east to US31 and head south about 10 miles.

If you have ever considered doing it, this would be a great event to learn at. No points, no classes, just come out and have some fun with you're car. And like I said before, driving instructors will be available to help out both days. There will be a short driving school on Saturday also.

If you are looking for stuff around chicago, loot into the SCCA region in your area. They will most likely have something going on. I know most of the Chicago area corvette clubs will come over to South Bend, IN and run at The Tire Rack. They have a small course they use for tire testing and rent it out to car clubs on the weekends. There is something going on there almost every weekend in the summer.

BTW, I've been to Romeoville a couple of times for work. My company has a plant there.

Old 04-01-2012, 09:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Guess 2.5 hours isn't that bad if I make a weekend out of it. This is just my first manual car so I have zero technique sadly
Old 04-04-2012, 08:34 PM
Staging Lane

bump.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:56 PM
Staging Lane

bump.

Quick Reply: Charity Autocross and Drivers School April 14-15