Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

Getting into Road Racing...

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 11:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For many years now I've been wanting to try w2w racing but never really knew where to get started and all that. Now with 2 kids it looks like I won't have time to play on a track for another 20 years. But I still love coming into this section and dreaming. And it's great seeing so many knowledgable guys helping out new people. Anyways, I had a question. The other day i wandered over to the factory five site and seen their new creation that they just released, the 818. According to the site the target is for the car to cost as little as $15000 to complete. Would something like this be a good option for the OP if he were to decide to have a purpose built track car, and if not, why?
Old 07-04-2013, 09:47 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your looking for a cool street car or maybe even a track day car, it would probably work. If your new to W2W, I would not recommend it. There are so many bugs to work out of new car. You need to concentrate on improving driving skill, not fixing-modifying the car. There are so many race ready entry level cars for sale, at a reasonable cost, this is the way to go. These builds tend to also go on for years, the time would be better spent behind the wheel.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:33 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think and perhaps its just me but doing some solo II events will help protect your investment when your on track...

Quick Reply: Getting into Road Racing...