Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

BSCC Novice School Practice

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2016, 01:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Default BSCC Novice School Practice

I've done a few Autocrosses but never officially completed the "Novice School". Had an empty Saturday so thought may as well do it. This time, I didn't forget my camera

Fastest Run

48 participants and I believe I had clocked the fastest run! I was so surprised how capable this car is, especially once some heat get into the R888's. My best time was a 47.2 (With instructor as passenger). The built STi's were running 49-50's, BRZ's about the same. There were a few Mustangs and Challengers both of which were well in the mid 50's. Every single instructor who rode along was shocked how well my car handled. After the event I got to ride along with some of the instructors with their personal cars and surprisingly only a handful managed to get into the 46's (Including a 911 Turbo (996) on R888's as well), one STi on R1's did manage a high 45.

Overall I'm very happy with my car. This was a really technical circuit, before they opened up some of the slaloms I could run the whole thing in 1st. Yet still my piece of garbage GM pony car was able to keep up with and beat some of the purpose build track cars. Would especially like to thank Sam Strano as most of the parts on my car come recommended from him. Who says pony cars can't turn
Old 08-30-2016, 03:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

These cars have been able to keep my interest. Between the aftermarket and the suspension capabilities, I'll be keeping mine for a while. It does surprise people.

Next on my list is to get into the "315's square" club and needing to upgrade hubs before my wheel falls off lol.

You need a seat and 5t harness. No doubt about it. The additional feel you get is great, not having to steer and try to keep yourself in the seat.

Quick Reply: BSCC Novice School Practice