Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

Goodguys Columbus autocross

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2016, 01:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Goodguys Columbus autocross

Well last year when I found out anyone can run on Sunday at Goodguys, I knew right away I was going to get my car up there. So trailered the car up from Cincy OH, stayed with the in-laws and got some racing done.

It was a good time running against some of the "bigger guys" and somewhat holding my own. I didn't know what to expect except a tight course but it was a blast.

Saturday a friend of mine in his C2 ras running the sponsored event:

Never thought I would being MY car into the show grounds:

7am setup with cars starting to show up. UMI had 2 cars there that was good to compete against.

Staging ready to rock and roll

Action shots throughout the day:

Old 08-16-2016, 01:32 PM
TECH Addict

More:

Good to surround yourself with friendly people that let me borrow jumper cables (mine were in the truck a mile away (DOH!) and my friend Marshall lending me some JUICE. Manual fans left on too long kills batteries LOL

I was happy with the results. No major car issues and I held my own in a LT1 with only suspension goodies and daily driven Nitto NT555's. I had some Sport Cups I could have ran, but that would have put me out of the running for any awards. I really would have liked to be on some Rivals (like everyone else) to see how far up I could climb in the standings. 16th of 34

Fun weekend, packed up and headed home. Always great racing with friendly people and when nothing breaks on you!

Last edited by smitty2919; 08-16-2016 at 01:37 PM.
Old 08-16-2016, 06:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Good times! Too bad all I hear about the good guys courses is ~30 seconds. You've not AX'd until you're at redline for 4 seconds in a 65-75mph lane change on a big course. ;-) (not sure your experience level, just saying I love the fast courses)
Old 08-16-2016, 08:41 PM
TECH Addict

This run was from GoodGuys

but this is what I typically run

And just because

Quick Reply: Goodguys Columbus autocross