Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

Ls 240

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2018, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls 240

I have been building hot rods and drag cars for a long time, but after going to Road Atlanta last fall I'm starting something different, at least for me. I have an s13 hatch that I have completely gutted. All that remains is roof, quarters, windshield, rocker panels, and a small section of floor. I plan to build an entire tube frame, front and rear suspension, cage and use as much fiberglass panel as I can. I want to come in at 2000 to 2100 lbs with an aluminum LS and TKO 6 speed. I plan to stuff as much rubber as possible (295/40/18) on the rear and slightly smaller on the front. I plan to be able to do anything I want with it, track days, autocross, drag race, etc. I'm thinking 4 link rear and A arm front. Which brings me to my question. Since I want to keep all 4 tires on the pavement in a turn, should the front or rear be a little looser? Which end should the stiffer sway (anti roll) bar be on? Thanks! Steve
Old 03-26-2018, 03:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts

bigger bar always goes up front.

i do want a LS 240. for either track car or rally.

Old 03-26-2018, 05:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Video series of build and everything needed
Old 03-26-2018, 11:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

If you really want to go fast.... you should focus on aerodynamics as well. Lots of power is worthless without it.

most run a square tire setup so you can rotate tires.... and it doesn't push up front.

On my track only RX-7 it has 18x12's at all corners, 2470lbs wet, just over 600 flywheel HP and it ripped. Big front splitter and a real functional rear wing.

Keep the factory IRS and focus on a proper LSD inside the pumpkin.
Duct the radiator to exit the hood
Big front splitter
Real rear adj wing
Full cage
flat bottom
rear diffuser/tunnels

*that should get you in plenty of trouble... if you want to go faster... focus on aero.... a 2600lbs 240sx with 500hp can be plenty fast that is for sure.

Do not buy a TKO anything... they shift like dog **** especially at higher RPMs. The T56 magnum is much smoother. If this is a track only car... maybe look for a Jerico or G-Force GSR dog box. Save 50lbs+ and much faster/reliable shifts. Granted the dog box is 2x the price or more.

Last edited by gnx7; 03-26-2018 at 11:37 PM.