Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

Harness Bar

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2002, 10:21 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Harness Bar

Has anyone seen a harness bar like the one that www.LGMOTORSPORTS.COM has advertized. Are there other companies that sell them for F-Bodies? It seems like a nice unit and the way to go if you don`t want to cage your car. I`m not trying to advertize for the guy, and I`m in no way affiliated with the company. I`m just tryin to get some info before I purchase something to hold me in place while I`m on the track.
Old 02-15-2002, 05:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Harness Bar

I have the Groves bar (http://www.lugnutz.com/harnessbar.htm), which is nearly exactly like the LG bar. I bought it before Lou started selling them. LG's is a little nicer because it is powdercoated, the Groves bar came bare metal. They are great as you don't have to cut on the car and can return to original with ease.
Old 02-15-2002, 11:23 PM
On The Tree

I'll sell you one really cheap. How's $100 shipped sound? It's the one on www.lugnutz.com's site... worked great for me, but I have a cage now.
Old 02-20-2002, 09:11 PM
On The Tree

... just remember, if you do go over, without a rollbar and the roof comes down, your head 'n neck got nowhere to go. At least with the DOT factory belts you can slide,not so with a 5 pt system.
That's the only reason I'm waiting for the 'cage. If I just did some Auto X'n, I'd use the harness bar.
Old 02-21-2002, 12:45 AM
On The Tree

Shaman,
I'll take the bar, as long as it's in good condition. Drop me a line,
rbeas@wam.umd.edu
-Rob
Old 02-21-2002, 09:18 PM
10 Second Club

Thanks for all the replys guys. I`ve ordered LG`s and since my SS is a hardtop{as in I look up and don`t see the sky} I`m not too concerned about a full cage. I`m just startin out in road racing so I`m going to take a few classes and make a real effort to not make a fool of myself.

Quick Reply: Harness Bar