Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

DailyDrifter Grind 101 San Antonio!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2004, 10:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mitchntx
I guess I could get the whole point of it, I would be better equipped to let it go. I don't see the "competition" part of it. It's all about "judging", like in gymnastics or synchronized swimming.

It is so much of a "look at me" exhibition, that it turns me off. It's like wrestling ...
I just don't crave that kind of ego enhancing attention. Some need it, though.

Peace and you can probably expect similar responses from enthusiasts that frequent these type boards.

I suggest you post this on www.cornercarvers.com ....
where did i advertise it as otherwise? my post clearely said, come out, have a good time. which is what this sport is all about. its sad to see all you people getting yoru panties in a wad over somethign you would probably have a incredibly fun time at if you would get over the "ricer" crap drifting is associated with and realize people have been drifting in america forever, just sponsors from japan brought sanctioned events over here and there is a lot of money being thrown into. its still an extremely cheap, easy and fun sport to get involved with. but of course, you woudlnt wanna disgrace yourself beign involved wtih a motorsport that may have been developed in japan.
Old 11-18-2004, 10:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also i do not remember if i posted it here but check out www.bubbadrift.com , We competed in 3/4 the events in the SCCA sanctioned pro series this year and did very well in houston before having some shakedown issues last 2 rounds. Maybe then some of you will understand what this sport is about, which is just having fun. Hot Rod Magazine seemed to understand what it is about. I honestly dont see why some people, (mainly the ones who have absolutely no REAL experience with REAL drifting) have such a huge problem with it.
Old 11-19-2004, 06:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you Dean Yamada's friend, who competed in a national event in an El Camino?

Look, Mike.

Every generation has it's fad. Mine had jacking the *** end of the car way up in the air. Looking back, what was I thinking! Will you do the same? Only time will tell.

Realize one thing ...

You have come onto a board, advertising a venue that appeals to very few muscle car owners. This kind of activity has a stigma attached to it, one that you will have to overcome. But you certainly won't accomplish that by trying to justify your points. If it truly is a "sport" or "competition", let it stand on it's own ... don't attack others for their opinion. Like you, we can have one also.

SCCA got involved because they blew a HUGE oppurtunity years ago keeping road racing affordable (see www.nasaproracing.com). Now they are scrambling to try and appeal to the younger crowd. And many of us are laughing ...

I applaud your grit ... I take issue with your methodology. By and large, muscle car folks are not gonna do this. You are setting yourself up for ridicule, especially under the cloak and anonimity of the internet.

Good luck and I will watch for your ad on www.corner-carvers.com
Old 11-19-2004, 12:00 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We have no drifting forum on this site. I respect the talents of drifters, I do not like the other aspects of it.

Such as "Ghetto Rigging" your battery tie down.

No thanks.

Quick Reply: DailyDrifter Grind 101 San Antonio!