Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

1LE pkg ... worth how much?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 12:32 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1LE pkg ... worth how much?

4 Koni DA shocks, front and rear 1LE springs, panhard bar and LCA's all GM 1LE stuff. Approx 20,00 easy miles on the parts. Only autcrossed once, didn't really like it and started a drag race conversion.

What would this pkg be worth?
Old 12-16-2004, 10:23 AM
On The Tree

Since you asked what it would be worth, I'll start with my objective thoughts. This is not an offer to buy; just trying to help.

The most valuable parts are probably the shocks. Brand new they would cost $1100~$1200. I would not pay anywhere near that for used, but they aren't giveaway items either as long as they aren't leaking.

Stock rear LCAs are worth maybe $20~$25 used. They are plentiful. 1LE's might be worth a little more for the bushings, but replacement bushings are cheap.

I really have no idea what front control arms are worth. The only difference is the bushing, but spare/replacement undamaged front control arms are not nearly as plentiful as rear control arms since fewer people upgrade the fronts. In other words, they have some value as crash (or curb smack) repair items as well as for the bushing upgrade. So, they are probably [make that certainly] worth more than the rears but I've never seen a price on used front control arms.

I doubt if the 1LE PHR is worth much. Again, the only difference is the bushing. Many people go to stronger aftermarket parts. It's probably worth at least $20~$25 like the LCAs.

The springs are probably worth somewhere around $100~$200. They are really the most unique item in the 1LE package - in other words, they are the only thing you couldn't readily duplicate with off-the-shelf parts. However, they aren't lowering springs.

OK, now for my personal response:

I wouldn't mind picking up the whole package, but I don't need all of it so to be honest I'd have to lowball it. I'd be most interested in the shocks. Spare control arms (f & r) would be handy to have if they were cheap, but I don't really need them. I wouldn't mind stashing a set of 1LE springs, but also don't really need them right now. I have no use for the PHR.

The forum rules don't allow bidding, but if you decide to sell some parts at an interesting price or decide to dump the whole thing cheap I might be interested.

BTW, what are you using for front lower control arms now? BMR/LG/Global West or something along those lines?

Last edited by sgarnett; 12-16-2004 at 03:11 PM.
Old 12-16-2004, 09:01 PM
12 Second Club

I thought several of the 1LE pieces were indeed stock stamped parts, but they also came with an added side welded on to create a boxed piece.
Old 12-17-2004, 01:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think the boxed stuff was from the SLP 1LE cars {2001 and 2002}. Could be wrong though.
Old 12-17-2004, 07:22 AM
On The Tree

I'm fairly sure SLP offered a boxed PHR, but I don't think GM did.

I'm fairly sure that GM did NOT box the rear LCAs, though SLP offered it. That's really more of a drag thing and isn't even desireable for turning (which is what the 1LE package was for).

The standard front arms are already boxed stock, so I don't know what would/could be different. Maybe they have extra bracing?

Dustin should be able to easily verify whether the rear LCAs and PHR are boxed or open channel. To verify that the fronts are or are not the same as stock (except for bushings) would probably require visual comparison against a friend's car with a wheel off. Of course swapping 1LE bushings into standard front arms is a pain, so that's a plus for the 1LE ...
Old 12-17-2004, 01:10 PM
On The Tree

BTW, new front 1LE front control arms are $121 each (x2) and non-1LE are $117 from a well known online source of gm parts (not sure if they are a sponsor).

The "1LE" control arms may not be real 1LE anymore (GM often substitutes standard parts for 1LE under the same number), but even a pair of brand new standard parts with new 1LE bushings swapped in would run under $280 total.

I would guess a ballpark price of around $150~100 for the pair.
Old 12-18-2004, 05:14 PM
10 Second Club

Well I only have the rear LCA's to sell right now. I'm still waiting on my ProFab front LCA's. Yeah the stock 1LE stuff: panhard and rear LCA's were not boxed. They just had a harder durometer bushing. Somebody PM me and make an offer on the whole schwingin deal...