Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

Interested in Autocrossing...

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 07:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interested in Autocrossing...

Okay, I've read up on the scaa website. And am a little confused, so i have a few questions (that i dnd't find answers to on the website).

1)When the website said "To get your license, you need to bring your own race car, or rent one for the duration of the school"....I want to know that, can i bring the car i plan to race in...or by race car, do they mean a fully race prepped car.
Reason i ask, I don't want to do full out race car races. I want to do Production class racing in my T\A.

2) What's the normal fee for a license? (being the weekend, i didn't look for contact numbers). I live in kansas right now, and want to get a national (not reginonal) license. but i have to ask, with a region license, is that only good for the region i win it in, or can i use it anywhere (I plan on moving back to Tennessee within a year.)

If i have more, i'll post em. (i'm also going to do a search.)
Thanks guys I have found my calling in racing, and want to do everything i can to get started doing what i have dreamed of doing since i was a young teenager.
Old 04-30-2005, 11:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you mean autocrossing or club racing? Your title says autocross, but your post describes club racing. Autocross has no licensing requirements other than holding a valid driver's license.

Quick Reply: Interested in Autocrossing...