Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

Solo II Noise Restrictions???

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 12:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Solo II Noise Restrictions???

I am looking into doing a couple of Solo II events this year and noticed in the rules that they have some pretty strict noice restrictions on exhaust volume. I have a SLP Loudmouth on my otherwise stock exhaust and I was wondering if I was going to run into any problems going over the 96dB limit (listed on the Atlanta SCCA web site).

Anybody have any experience with this? I would hate to get there and find out I can't race or worse get disqualified.

Thanks,
Old 01-29-2007, 04:39 PM
TECH Addict

i dont know about the more 'official' SCCA runs, but at the rinky dink club ive gone to, hosted in the giants stadium parking lot, say they have a dB restriction. when i ran my 02 TA, i had the original loudmouth, stock cats, and it was fine. there were many other cars there, like ricers with fartcans, and even all-out racecars that were ALOT louder then my TA. (but didnt sound as good). even when i took my 78 TA with headers and true dual flowmasters, nothing was said about it. there are vids in this section of someone running with an open cutout, without problems. im sure you wont have a problem with just a loudmouth.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:49 AM
On The Tree

Thanks for the info.

I guess I will just show up and see what happens.