Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

Willow Springs: Big Track

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007 | 10:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Default Willow Springs: Big Track

Driving on Big Willow was the best way to spend my birthday! On my third time ever on Big Willow, I managed a 1:53:36 topping out at 125 MPH on the front stretch. I have done the Streets previously, but I love the setup much more. So far my tune is still spot on (within 2% total) as logged via HPTuners, as the baro was around 26.50 (temp was around 95 degrees). It was a blast to drive and much more fun (for me) then The Streets of Willow. The SS did overheat as I was pushing the WOT areas, guess I will need a bigger radiator and relocate my trans cooler. The day didn't go without it's snags. My buddy with an EVO lost a V-Clamp for his wastegate, so he was running pretty much N/A and quit early. And for us, we have developed a (noise) "problem" with our streering. I will address these issues and others and by cooler days, I will hit the open track events again. I may even invest into some track only brake setup and race tires.

Below are links to some pictures (first four are proffesional, the last two my wife took) and a video compilation I made with my in-car camera setup and my wife video taping from the paddock. Enjoy!

I love the sound of my full Hooker Exhaust at WOT, down the front straight.
Video

Last edited by 12secSS; 06-25-2007 at 08:55 AM.
Old 06-25-2007 | 04:18 PM
TECH Junkie
20 Year Member

Looks fun. I've only driven the Streets of Willow. Big track looks like a blast.

Time for a better radiator for sure.... and coolant.