Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

Introduction of Sorts

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 07:23 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Introduction of Sorts (Track Days)

Hi All:

Just a quick note to introduce MVP Track Time to fellow car nuts. We are just getting out of the box so I hope this isn't out of line. I hope you'll visit us at www.MVPTrackTime.com

Happy Motoring!

Mark "Feff" Pfeffer

Last edited by Feffman; 11-20-2006 at 09:32 AM.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Heartland Park ... hmmmm
Old 11-01-2006, 09:36 AM
12 Second Club

If you run anything at summit, pocono, or the glenn id be in.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:11 AM
Banned

Maybe in the future at the Glen, Summit, etc. Just getting our feet wet with known venues (I've run events for the national Lotus Club at these tracks) that are within easy reach.

Happy Motoring!

Mark "Feff" Pfeffer
www.MVPTrackTime.com
Old 11-01-2006, 12:17 PM
TECH Resident

Got anything planned for down south like Road Atlanta or Carolina Motorsports Park?
Old 11-01-2006, 02:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Welcome! Since you are taking requests How about Mid-Ohio, or BeaveRun! I could make it Putman Park but it is a bit of a strech for me without a trailer. Although I've been to Waterford Hills, Mi and back before.
Old 11-01-2006, 03:19 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by mitchntx
Heartland Park ... hmmmm
Mitch I dont know if you'd like that track. Kinda boring. Only part of the track that gets the blood going is the new when I was there. Kink/Uphill Blind/off camber turn in, going from the pit road back to racing surface. If you screw this up you are DONE!!!!!! Runoff was poor there and remember something about a Culvert or something like that track left that reachable if you go off. I dont know if that been adressed. But Ive been to a lot of different tracks and thats not one I'd even consider going back too..

Ps the other tracks listed are to run on.

John

Trending Topics

Old 11-01-2006, 05:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I remember seeing eh NASCAR trucks run there several years ago and thought it was a pretty cool track.

I guess all the walls and baracades at the entrance to the drag strip would be a little hairy. The entrance to the drag strip at NPR was intimidating at first ...
Old 11-01-2006, 06:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ojustracing
Mitch I dont know if you'd like that track. Kinda boring. Only part of the track that gets the blood going is the new when I was there. Kink/Uphill Blind/off camber turn in, going from the pit road back to racing surface. If you screw this up you are DONE!!!!!! Runoff was poor there and remember something about a Culvert or something like that track left that reachable if you go off. I dont know if that been adressed. But Ive been to a lot of different tracks and thats not one I'd even consider going back too..

John:

Hearltaned Park spent a large chunk of change to clean the facility up since the SCCA national run offs are now held there. Like you I thought it was in need of a facelift, but several track rats like me were out there about 2 weeks ago and raved about Heartland Park.

Mark "Feff" Pfeffer
www.MVPTrackTime.com

Last edited by Feffman; 11-02-2006 at 05:40 PM.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by WADDISME
Got anything planned for down south like Road Atlanta or Carolina Motorsports Park?
Road Atlanta is my favorite track and I've run on Road America, Barber Motorsports Park and many others. Maybe in 2008 we might try an event there, but it's a bit much for us to tackle this year.

Mark "Feff" Pfeffer
www.MVPTrackTime.com
Old 11-01-2006, 07:22 PM
TECH Regular

Mitch its not really the baracades for me. Its not like you are going 130+ mybe 115 then hit the brakes. Its what is on the other side when you come over the top. There was NO runoff to track left. So if you got wheels off there you couldnt go straight because it drops to the left. If you did yank the wheel back to the right and loose it. The Concret walls on the left would hurt. 2 wk before we got there there was a porsche driver killed there. Some had questions of the track but it might of been a slower car that caused it. It made me sit up and look that corner over and I didnt like what I saw.. I was there in 04 so they may of made some improvements since then.

Mark you said Dump not me...... I wouldn't of said that. To me Boring and I 've been to alot of different track across this fine country since 2003. Now I might catch crap for this but I never see this track mentioned. But Pueblo Motorsports park is a DUMP!!!!! I couldnt wait to get out of the car!!! Maybe it was the all night ride to get there, after driving 3000 miles all at night for the previous 4 nites. Being dehydrated from Las vegas Motor the day before didnt help.

John
Old 11-17-2006, 09:35 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Feffman
John:

Hearltaned Park spent a large chunk of change to clean the facility up since the SCCA national run offs are now held there. Like you I thought it was in need of a facelift, but several track rats like me were out there about 2 weeks ago and raved about Heartland Park.

Mark "Feff" Pfeffer
www.MVPTrackTime.com
I saw some current video of the track and the section of track that I/others had issues with has been fixed.. Wow they really changed it around..

John
Old 01-28-2007, 10:25 PM
Teching In

I'm a big fan of the new Heartland Park. The face lift of the track included a big change in 'alpha zero', there is a lot of runoff and nobody gets airborne there any more. The blend from pit out works great now. There is a huge banked carousel turn that is a blast. The pavement is extremely smooth which is very Camaro friendly..

The picture was taken the last month before renovation. On the old configuration 115mph was as fast as I could go over 'Alpha Zero' and stay in touch with the pavement.

http://home.earthlink.net/~hp18racer/RaceGallery/07.JPG
Old 07-01-2007, 07:22 AM
Banned

Hi All:

A quick note to let you know MVP Track Time has a few spots open for July 23rd at Putnam Park and a few less spots open for Autobahn Country Club (full track) August 20th. E-mail me for the registration or you can register on line at:

http://www.MVPTrackTime.com/id47.html

At the request of a number of drivers, we are now making lunch available for your guests. So if the spouse, kids or friends are coming to the track with you, they too can enjoy a nice catered lunch. Your lunch, as an MVP Track Time driver, is of course included with registration.

We have some photos on the MVP web site from June 4th at Autobahn (the wettest day in my driving history) and a thorough explanation of helmet ratings compliments of Simpson racing. Remember SA2000 or newer helmets!

July 23rd will be here before we know it. I hope to see all of you at the track. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at (314) 249-3770 or e-mail Feffman@MVPTrackTime.com.

Happy Motoring!

Mark Pfeffer - MVP Track Time
(314) 249-3770
Feffman@MVPTrackTime.com

Quick Reply: Introduction of Sorts