Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

Good Year GSCS Showroom Stock DOT Radials

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2003, 07:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Good Year GSCS Showroom Stock DOT Radials

Has anybody used the Goodyear GSCS racing tires on a road course. How did they hold? Were they a good buy? Also do you have any pics of the tires, because the Good Year site doesn't provide enough illustration. Thanks.
Old 05-23-2003, 02:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Good Year GSCS Showroom Stock DOT Radials

I've not done any roadcourse time on mine yet. I am autocrossing on them these days....I'd send pictures, but mine look like slicks at this point. I like them, but I think I'll go back to BF Goodrich for the next ones (or Kuhmo). G2LS1 (lou) recommended them to me and advised me that he is faster on those than most anything else....
Old 05-23-2003, 05:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How did they hold up for street use? I don't usually drive my car in the rain, but there are times when you get caught out on a cloudy day and you have no choice. Do they do well in the rain? How many miles are they good for?
Old 05-23-2003, 09:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hmmm,

They are not likely good in the rain new. The tread is minimal at best. I drive to events and they are quite nervous with my setup over freeway expansion joints (the car moves around alot).

If you are going to run them for street tires (constantly) I'd look at Kuhmo Victor racers or Yokohama A032R tires (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes)

Just my thoughts.

THe treadwear on the GS-CS is 20....they won't last long..The Yokohamas have a treadwear of 60...they may hold up 3 times longer (or at least for a while).

Hope this helps....
Old 05-24-2003, 03:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They arent to hot in the rain but I do know they handle high speed well. Both last May(02) and Sept we ran them on the vette in the ORR events at sustained speeds over 160mph. In April (03) my buddy ran his girl friends ZO6 at the Big Bend ORR and was over 170 mph on them and through corners over 160 and had no problems. IMHO they are a good tire. Maybe not for track use where the strains are taken to the extreme on them but in my book any tire that can handle 100 miles of pure abuse and through corners over 160mph is good to go. But in the rain they leave a little to be desired.

Quick Reply: Good Year GSCS Showroom Stock DOT Radials