Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

regular joe track

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 09:38 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default regular joe track

i was wondering is there any track that you can go just to drive your car without having to be part of a racing group or what not, just to take some corners and see wyhat your car can do im in florida btw tampa to be specific,
Old 02-13-2008, 07:59 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There aren't any tracks in Florida that you can just show up and drive that I'm aware of. The small test track at Gainesville International Raceway was the closest thing but they've canceled their test & tune days. Sebring is the closest road course to you and is an awesome track but you have to sign up with a group to run there.

I run with Chin Motorsports, click here for website, and they are top notch. As a novice you are assigned an instructor and they will teach you a ton. I know you want to "see what your car will do" but I guarantee your car will be more capable than the driver at first. Keep an open mind an you will have a blast.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:26 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In Florida,

As mentioned above, there's Chinmotorsports.
Also, NASAproracing.com has a good HPDE curriculum.
PBOCflorida.com
safemotorsports.com

There's several options. The unifying theme is that there is instruction given to novices.
There's a reason why you can't simply drive your car on to a road course to see what your car can do- usually, the limiting factor by far is what you can do.
Old 02-15-2008, 06:32 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

David:

If you are in/near the Midwest, visit www.MVPTrackTime.com for track events.

Mark "Feff" Pfeffer