Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

Mid-ohio?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 08:47 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mid-ohio?

Does any body know if mid-ohio sports cars course has any open track days?
Last time I was up there no one couldgive me a straight answer. Thanks for any help you can give me.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No they usually don't. You can go to one of NASA's HPDE days, Or during a club track rental, but I do not know many clubs that run there as it is a bit pricey. I think last time I look NASA had the best priced events there. You can also sign up for one of Mid-Ohio's High Performance Schools.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:18 PM
11 Second Club

That is in my home town, and when I was growing up they use to run an open day for street cars. that sucks if they did away with it.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:42 PM
Teching In

Thanks fro the replies.I have looked into the driving school but it was kinda exspensive just for a 2 day class. I'm would like to run my camaro at an open track day but being from southern ohio that is the only track I know of. Thanks again.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The tracks in our area are Mid-Ohio as you know, Nelson Ledges* in Garrettsville, OH, BeaveRun Motorsports Complex* in PA (just pass the OH/PA border), Putnam Park in Indiana. Others a little farther away are Waterford Hills* in Michigan (west of Detroit), Grattan Raceway Park* in Michigan (North of Grand Rapids), and Autobahn Country Club in Illinois. I may be missing some but this are what I know. * denotes that they do open track days.

Nelson Ledges is the cheapest to go to at $120 per day, but the track is a bit rough and can be dangerous for a noob if he doesn't have his head screwed right. Beaverun is a great tract not as techical as Mid-Ohio but has a good balance, plenty of runoff space in case you do something stupid and the price is not too bad. Of the other tracks I've only been to Waterford hills which is a great small track, their events are well run and inexpensive ($150).
Old 03-12-2008, 10:51 PM
Teching In

Thanks KILLER BLUE BIRD! I will look into those tracks! I am still working on my camaro and was wanting to know that it wasnt just to burn corners on public highways!