Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

98z on Circle Track

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 11:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98z on Circle Track

Don't know if this is where I should put it or not but I live in Bastrop, LA. Monroe is a town about 30 mins away. We just got a Speedway built a few weeks ago and they let street cars run during the half time. I've been watching for weeks know and wanted to give it a try. I ran my stock 1998 Z28 A4 without practing or anything. The first run was against the "champ" from the last few weeks which is a 2008 Lancer Evo. Dang rich kid......Anyway he's raced on it for weeks and I tried to get some advice from him about the track and he screwed me over. Should'nt have listened to him. Well anyway we take off and I hang with him to the first curve and I brake thinking I'm going to fast and he gets ahead. He pulled on the straight but I caught up alil in the next curve but he still beat me by no more then 3 cars lengths. Not too bad for my first ever racing experinece compared to his 20 sumthing laps around the track. I did alil better then another z28 that ran him so I happy and I'll be back next week to try again! Sry the post is so long but I'm still excited! It was pretty cool to get a chance to run on a actual track! Plz post thoughts!!!
Old 07-20-2008, 07:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

I searched for "spectator drags" and found this:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...rags+spectator

I know there was another thread on here w/ video, trying to think of how 2 search for it.

Anyway, beating an AWD Turbo car like a WRX or EVO will be tough.
Put your $ into tires!
Of course, like road racing, sway bars, Konis, springs and a good (performance) alignment will help a ton!

I'd like to try it, but wouldn't trust the other nut not to crash into me!
I guess thats why I run high speed autocross...
Still, it sounds like a blast!
Old 07-20-2008, 04:47 PM
TECH Addict

i remember the video. had some old school muscle in it too, IIRC. have to look into last years posts to find it.

id like to try it too, but its VERY risky with someone else right next to you. all you need is some punk ricer kid overdriving his honduh.
Old 07-20-2008, 04:58 PM
Staging Lane

Well this track lets 2 cars run at a time. They say 10 car max but sometimes they let more. Check out Youtube and type in Monroe Speedway. There is a good vid of a lifted jeep rollin from last week! I'm ordering some springs this week and goin to practice thursday for the racing saturday! Hopefully I can do better next time. No car out there has beat him for three weeks straight except a Trans Am that had I don't know how many mods! I'll get a vid of me next week and post it!