Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Started on my matte black wrap today on my 95 trans am

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 10:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KyleLanter
Looks pretty nice. I dig that exhaust set up you have.
Thanks man!!! It's definitely different... Picked it up cheap on eBay straight off a cup car. It took a little cutting and welding but it actually fit on there pretty good and sounds just plain evil lol
Old 05-26-2016, 04:44 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That's sweet! I've been thinking about wrapping my car here recently but can't make myself pull the trigger.
Old 05-26-2016, 10:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That looks great. Cant wait to see finished pics.
Old 05-27-2016, 07:53 AM
TECH Resident

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Great job! I know that can't be easy
Old 05-30-2016, 08:39 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks guys! Its coming out great so far. I did a few more panels, All that is left now is the rear bumper and the gloss black stripes for the hood. Then im going to plasti dip the wheels to see how they look black and then take it out for a drive!!!
Old 05-31-2016, 11:07 PM
TECH Regular

Here are a couple more pics, I fired up the vinyl cutter and made my hood stripes and ram air decals for the hood today... Hopefully I can install them tomorrow!!!

Old 06-01-2016, 10:18 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

looking great.
If I had any say in it, I'd say leave the wheels chrome.
Its a nice contrast to the all black.

Also, what brand vinyl did you get?
Is it stretchy/reusable to a point where if you peel it off to fix something and it will go on the car okay?
Old 06-01-2016, 09:23 PM
TECH Regular

Made some decals last night for the car, finally did the stripes for the hood, ram air's for each side of the hood and made a Pontiac logo and wasn't sure where I wanted to put it, then I tried it on the nose and likeed the way it looked on there!

Bad_408_vert I might do 2 wheels black for now just to see what they look like and decide from there... I really like the way it looks now with the flat/chrome contrast. I went with Avery Dennison SW 900 vinyl and it seems like a really nice product. The material is very stretchy once you put some heat to it. I started out with the easy panels (fenders and doors) and one you position the vinyl you can peel it and stick it multiple times because until you hit it with head really good the glue doesn't activate. I can say that I learned a lot on this project, the biggest thing I learned is that heat is your friend, do the wrap in a clean garage, and have a friend who can help you position the large pieces because it makes it much easier. Also to take your time, there were times I thought there was no way I was going to be able to wrap the panel or was wondering what I was going to do with excess vinyl but you work slowly and heat it up and stretch it where you need to and it comes out great. At this rate I might do the car a different color every couple of years lol
Old 06-07-2016, 07:51 PM
TECH Regular

Finally got the car all done and able to take it out for a spin around the block, it's been sitting for about a month now! The wrap came out awesome, I love the contrast of the matte black car with the gloss black stripes. I wanted it to looks different and it sure does!!! Now I just need to wash it and detail the whole car good and I'm ready to rock!! I was going to do the wheels black and plasti dipped 1 of them and hated the way it looked and peeled it off lol. I'll get some all around finished pics in a few days, here are a few teaser pics.

Old 06-07-2016, 08:16 PM
TECH Regular

Old 06-10-2016, 08:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Have you thought about going gloss for the CETA?
Also beautiful car makes me wish I had the original hood when I bought my 97 ws6. It was a shell when I bought it so I swapped the ls1 ws6 front on it as well as engine, but deep down even though I like the ls1 front better I want to put the original front back on. Ps yes it does suck that a 97 ws6 6 speed car got stripped down like mine did but at least I kept from the scrap yard.
Old 06-12-2016, 05:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^^The gloss CETA mod would be dope on this car. I would even take it a step further and darken up the tail light housings some. I MAY end up doing this to my car too. Saved one of the pictures just in case lol.
Old 06-12-2016, 10:57 PM
TECH Regular

I actually did the ceta gloss on the car, it's tough to see it in the pictures, I'll try and get some better ones so you can actually see it lol. I have a set of blacked out tail lights at home, it would be cool to see what hey would look like in there. I'll get it washed up and get some better pictures of it soon.

Thanks again for the kind words guys!!! I've got a lot of time and money wrapped up in my car and I wouldn't have it any other way!!! Lol
Old 06-24-2016, 10:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Great work man, looks awesome can I pick your brain about somethings ?
Where did you get the material from, how much was it?
And how did u do the front and rear bumpers?
Old 06-24-2016, 10:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Great work man, looks awesome can I pick your brain about some things ?
Old 06-29-2016, 07:59 AM
FormerVendor

That came out really good man. I really like the gloss stripes on it.
Old 07-16-2016, 12:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 82 Likes on 59 Posts

this looks great
Old 07-25-2016, 09:20 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks Guys, It was a fun project!! It has been sidelined for a few weeks... I guess Holley had a issue with too much lead in the castings in some of there carbs and the fuel bowls of my carb literally flaked apart. I just received my new replacement today and bolted it on and fired it up. It was short lived because my wideband was showing it was way lean at idle... Now im waiting for the big brown truck to bring me my jet Kit so I can tune it in!!!!
Old 08-21-2016, 02:03 PM
Launching!

Nice job bro!! looks fucken Sweet!
Old 12-19-2016, 09:34 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by z28pat
Great work man, looks awesome can I pick your brain about some things ?
Sorry for the slow reply, Just clicked on this thread to read through it again and seen your question. I ordered the material from fellers.com I went with Avery Dennison SW900, I ordered 45' and if I were to do it again I would order 55' just to be safe, All in all it was around $500 in material. There were a couple spots that I had to be perfect with my material usage to not use more than I had, If i had a few extra feet for the large panels (hood, F+R bumpers & Hatch) it would have made it way easier. I ended up doing the front and rear bumpers in 2 pieces (seamed the center). the matte vinyl hid the seam very well and with me doing the install by myself it was near impossible to do them in 1 piece. It was a fun project and have fooled a lot of people into thinking it was paint until I show them that its actually a wrap.

Quick Reply: Started on my matte black wrap today on my 95 trans am