Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Lorenzen's Progress Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 09:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a total shock that you.. yourself.. the great one.. the almighty failure fuzzy has created and invented so much but yet Noone here has a shoulder for you to cry on when they didn't give you credit.
I don't know how you even sleep at night knowing all these great inventors took off with your idea's and made money on it.

It's a very tall claim of you to say that you have aided and helped with design and success of any product for the V1. You fill these pages with smoke and mirrors and BS opinions. That's it. You bring nothing but BS and trouble to the table. While all these other people and companies are bringing real products to the table. Real ones fuzzy.. not hopes and dreams. Not engineers thoughts..real products.

It's amazing how your posts and words of yours have been deleted over the years in all the forums. It wasn't good info then and it isn't now. Maybe all the posts you have made since your return will be deleted too
Old 06-28-2016, 09:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by INVIOUS
It's a total shock that you.. yourself.. the great one.. the almighty failure fuzzy has created and invented so much but yet Noone here has a shoulder for you to cry on when they didn't give you credit.
I don't know how you even sleep at night knowing all these great inventors took off with your idea's and made money on it.

It's a very tall claim of you to say that you have aided and helped with design and success of any product for the V1. You fill these pages with smoke and mirrors and BS opinions. That's it. You bring nothing but BS and trouble to the table. While all these other people and companies are bringing real products to the table. Real ones fuzzy.. not hopes and dreams. Not engineers thoughts..real products.

It's amazing how your posts and words of yours have been deleted over the years in all the forums. It wasn't good info then and it isn't now. Maybe all the posts you have made since your return will be deleted too
Who are you again? Prove anything you said. I dare you.

You've got 8 posts and basically every single one of your past posts is like "OMG thank you Fuzzy!" or "can you help me Fuzzy?"
Old 06-28-2016, 11:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jesus Ladies; I go to work for 10 hours and y'all get your panties in a bunch. What happened to the constructive thinking we were all doing 10 posts ago. This is a progress thread, not a pissing match...if y'all wanna sling **** go do it on your own turf....or thread.

Voodoo, working with CS or even MM to get a rental kit that'd make it easy to align the center carrier as well would be great. If you can figure out how to get it to pay your bills and help us all, that'd be great. I'd encourage any ideas from anyone on the topic as this is something I'd enjoy seeing as we all know how prone these cars are to vibrations...

Once again, please quit filling my thread with bullshit that no one cares about. I'm the only one who gets to do that here
Old 06-28-2016, 11:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by FuzzyLog1c

Here's a question for you: who else on in the V1 community has developed anything for the V1 in the past five years? .
I got BC to develop new coilovers for our cars, do i win a cookie?
Old 06-29-2016, 05:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Fuzzy, I almost feel inclined to respond to your reply but I'd only be falling in to an endless word game with you. Your vocabulary is stronger than mine so I won't go toe to toe with you there. Seeing as that is all you *actually* have to offer the community I'll let you have your glory.
Old 06-29-2016, 07:28 AM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by FuzzyLog1c
.....you've bought the load of crap fed to you by Brian, Jaysen, and Creative Steel....you think you're hot ****....nobody gives a crap....the community is predominantly filled with trashy, third-generation V1 owners.....that's willing to copy designs, slander, and leverage unscrupulous moderators to squash competition....Brian mobilized the troops against me....my website was DDoSed several times... my personal phone number and email address were passed to Russian and Asian advertising firms...I was served with fake lawsuits....people were commenting on Facebook saying that they'd like to drive out to Connecticut and "trash my car"....Creative Steel is constantly pinging the various forums, grabbing everything they can from users....They used to hit VSF up constantly, based on my IP logs.....Even "Jaysen's" design (which he called and texted me every day and night to consult on)
Who cares? As a trashy 3rd gen V1 owner who couldn't afford it when it was new, I guess I do a little.

I have a nephew who's bi-polar and this in all seriousness reminds me of him when he's off his meds.

https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topi...er/index.shtml

Originally Posted by INVIOUS
Fuzzy shares good info if you know what to do with it.

Originally Posted by gtistile
Fuzzy, I almost feel inclined to respond to your reply but I'd only be falling in to an endless word game with you. Your vocabulary is stronger than mine so I won't go toe to toe with you there. Seeing as that is all you *actually* have to offer the community I'll let you have your glory.
Bingo
Old 06-29-2016, 09:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Gotta embrace your inner "trashy," people. Be proud of it. I am.

Sorry tlorenzen; I couldn't help myself. So....much....temptation in this thread.

Last edited by Mercier; 06-29-2016 at 09:16 AM.
Old 06-30-2016, 11:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Oh man, not only did I buy an interesting platform, but joined an interesting forum as well .

Thank you Tlorenzen for the progress build, giving me good facts on how to get mine done right.
The Lazer bore sight is a good idea, im always into easy
Old 06-30-2016, 12:23 PM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Guys lay off Fuzzy, he is very resourceful and does his homework so the upgrades he suggests are plug and play for you all.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and you will always find that one person who fluffs your feathers

Dont worry you will get your thread back
Old 06-30-2016, 02:17 PM
On The Tree

Haha it's always an interesting read on here. I agree, Fuzzy can be very resourceful...But some of the comments he makes unleashes the dogs...Exactly why I didn't address it at the beginning.

On the bright side, I will be relocating my AIT sensor tonight (Thanks Fuzzy) and will report any results back. Hopefully, at the minimum, the end of my CEL struggle and maybe a little notice in performance or mpg increase due to the current readings at -40.

Also looking into picking up this KARS III kit and the 2NMB 2step/no lift shift. Someone just needs to buy my old TruBenz High-Flow Cats so I can buy both right now haha.
Old 06-30-2016, 07:18 PM
On The Tree

Maf issue solved....Thanks for the advice Naf. Previous owner just electrical taped the wires together....No more CEL woot.

Name:  20160630_191828_zpsfrusqhxp.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  222.7 KB
Old 06-30-2016, 07:55 PM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Ya, same thing happened to me twice, so its the first thing i check
Old 06-30-2016, 08:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by tlorenzen
Also looking into picking up this KARS III kit and the 2NMB 2step/no lift shift. Someone just needs to buy my old TruBenz High-Flow Cats so I can buy both right now haha.
The Kars III kit? That's something I haven't heard of in a few years. I forgot what was even included so I had to look it up.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...oes-yours.html

I like the concept, but it's a bit of a clunky design and honestly the poly differential block will do nearly the same thing without all the bracketry.

The 2step sounds cool though.
Old 07-01-2016, 06:33 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BudRacing
The Kars III kit? That's something I haven't heard of in a few years. I forgot what was even included so I had to look it up.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...oes-yours.html

I like the concept, but it's a bit of a clunky design and honestly the poly differential block will do nearly the same thing without all the bracketry.

The 2step sounds cool though.
I think we've figured out over the years that a pinion support for the gertrag doesn't really help and some have actually hurt. On this setup, you have to think it would be very noisy. Rand49er had a KARS III kit on his car but he took it off for some reason. Never did really figure out why.

But the part of the KARS III kit that attempts to keep the cradle from moving to eliminate wheelhop isn't so bad...I made something similar to that and have had good luck with it but you're right, its cumbersome and you can see it from under the car a mile away so I'm working on a something else to prevent wheelhop.
Old 07-01-2016, 10:10 AM
On The Tree

Haha I had to look it up too...I ended up picking it up from GFallen over on the classifieds. From what I read things will get a little louder in the rear (already loud with the 95a Revshift bushings), but the rear will feel more planted and *should* hop less. The car really doesn't seem bad with hop on dry pavement, as I've left a few 11's and been fine...Although when its wet out...I think I need to go back to the dentist to get my teeth checked.

I was planning on doing the BMR wheelhop bar, but I like this design a lot better for accomplishing that task. And for $190 shipped (Never installed before) it made sense to go this route. I'm not sure what I'll do for hooking it up to the diff. I currently have the BMR pinion support on the car now so I'm not sure if I'm going to pull that off and hook this up or just leave it as is. I'm also not sure if I like the idea that this will be a completely different mount for the differential, which I think could add some stress as the diff moves and the bar doesn't. At least with the bmr brace, its attached to a mount that is already being used.

I'm not too worried about the look of it, as long as it doesn't catch a gas cap at a gas station lol. I just drive with my windows down or the music cranked to put up with the noise haha. Maybe after 2 step I'll be picking up some dynamat haha.
Old 07-01-2016, 10:13 AM
TECH Junkie

From what I've gathered, the cradle bushings fix most of it and axles can do the other part.

I still haven't "tested" the cradle bushings with a burnout and I had actually bought a g-force passenger side shaft a few years ago that I never installed and resold because I realized I didn't drive it like that.

I also have a pinion brace, but I think that's more to help keep the pinion in line under typical conditions and spirited acceleration, but could actually hurt in a hopping situation.

I don't really think you're going to have any luck getting rid of hop in the rain... unless you switch to a solid axle and leaf springs.
Old 07-01-2016, 10:41 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by tlorenzen
The car really doesn't seem bad with hop on dry pavement, as I've left a few 11's and been fine...Although when its wet out...I think I need to go back to the dentist to get my teeth checked.
Looks like an interesting piece.

I had the V for 2 days and was so proud to bring it to the car wash and then just about died 3 times in 20 seconds trying to pull out of there on a 5-lane with tire shine all over the pavement and tires. I would get into it and swear I could hear the tires banging the pavement. Get out of it, stopped..try to get back into it, bang, bang, bang. It was so bad I almost sold the car until I did some research on fixes. Going to be taking a right out of that car wash from now on as well. Maybe I'll spray my driveway down with tire crap and test out my new bushings and axles.

Even in my Cobra it would usually just spin in wet/similar. Wheel hop seemed to be limited to situations where I had adequate traction yet overpowered the tires. This, for me, is a totally different, unpredictable, and pants-pooping experience.
Old 07-01-2016, 02:39 PM
TECH Addict

Ive got a stock motored 05 with a full 8.8 conversion (axles and all) with Revshift cradle bushings torqued properly and that thing wheel hops savagely on dry pavement. It so bad you can see dents in the floor where the front trailing arm bolt heads have been hitting it.

I'm working on a bracket that would turn these front 2 trailing arm bolts into another set of cradle mounts so I'd have a total of 6 instead of 4.

I can see the dents in the rear floor pan from under the rear seat so I know where the trailing arm bolt would come through the floor. There are 2 seat belt mounting points (m14 bolts maybe) on each side of the car right near these dents so the idea is to make a bracket that would bolt to these 2 seat belt mounting points and then pickup a longer version of the front trailing arm bolt coming through a hole in the floor where the dents are. A piece of 1 inch square tubing with 3 mounting tabs welded to it (2 for the seat belt holes, 1 for the trialing arm bolt) should work, I just have to find enough time to mess with it. It doesn't look like it would be too hard or expensive to do.

I could also just make a "snubber" that could bolt to this bracket and run through the floor and rest on top of the trailing arm bolt to help keep them thing from moving instead of bolting it down solid.

I made a KARS III style kit for my car myself but I had issues with them changing my pinion angle when I bolted them in and the vibes came back. I shimmed them up to get my pinion angle right again and now they scrape on a couple of low clearance spots that I drive over regularly so I took them off the car.

Those were mounted solid and did a good job of stopping the hop and as they didn't bolt to the diff, they didn't add any road noise to the car to speak of so I don't think I'd have any issues with the new brackets. I could also set the pinion angle off these brackets but simply changing the length of the bolt with a couple of jam nuts.

I'm going to do something either way because if I can't do burnouts every once in a while, I'll find another car.
Old 07-01-2016, 03:36 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ls1247
I'm going to do something either way because if I can't do burnouts every once in a while, I'll find another car.
Sounds like I am heading down the same path as you. And no matter how old I get or how much some others may not understand, what you said right here is exactly how I feel.
Old 07-01-2016, 06:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1247
Ive got a stock motored 05 with a full 8.8 conversion (axles and all) with Revshift cradle bushings torqued properly and that thing wheel hops savagely on dry pavement. It so bad you can see dents in the floor where the front trailing arm bolt heads have been hitting it.
Are you running 80A, 95A, or 75D subframe bushings? Trailing arm bushings? Control arm bushings? Spring/damper rates?

Quick Reply: Lorenzen's Progress Thread