Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2015 5.Br0 vs Camaro SS 1LE *Vids*

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 07:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Well i can see where if he hooked he would likely win.....so i wouldn't hang my hat on a botched run with one. Especially after you ran one that hooked but looked like he hit it in 2nd from the 40.

Cecil is fast......it makes heros out of alot of He was in .
They were both in 1st gear at 40 and so was I. My car leaves very hard from a roll. We won't know what my car runs untill I run it but I won't even race it untill the shift issue is resolved. I paid big money for this rear end so hopefully it helps.
Old 07-11-2016, 10:51 PM
Teching In

Just heard the race vs bambi's 5th gen mullet went as expected...

Awaiting video...

Old 07-11-2016, 11:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Its Stock
How many bolt on 5th gens are in the 10's?
Think 11.2X@117.XX is their record time.
Old 07-12-2016, 12:07 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ZYBORG
Just heard the race vs bambi's 5th gen mullet went as expected...

Awaiting video...

I didn't know Bambino got a 5th Gen?
Old 07-12-2016, 12:20 AM
9 Second Club

Received 98 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by corysmach1
Lol that was 3 years ago and I raced his race 40-140. I have whole different animal now. Better yet how about I run you? Thats what everyone wants to see anyways. I'm sorry but I built my car for dig racing but even on a low roll a stock C6z isn't gonna give me fits. Yes they're amazing cars. Once again you back up Redbirds comment you guys fail to forget I pulled the Z that went 11.50@124 by 2 cars also 3 years ago.
I have no problem running you but the car is in pieces right now. I think it would be a good run.

I would think the 11.5@124 car botched the run if a slower car beat it. Especially when a stock one of the same car beat you.

A stock c6z will give you fits if the driver is capable and it gets traction

Your whole different animal is like .3 faster and 2 mph right? Atleast goin by your last track times
This would be an awesome run for sure!
Old 07-12-2016, 12:34 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by redbird555
I would consider e85 a seperate mod. Yes your tune allows you to run it but when someone says their car is tuned even coyote guys you don't assume they're running e85. In fact even most coyote guys list e85 seperate from their tune. So ya I'd consider it a mod in itself. I don't even really see the big deal in saying that? It's a tune, and you run e85...2 mods
And you would be wrong. Because up until the end of 2015, 5.0s either had a 93octane tune, or E85 tune. If they had the E85 tune... thats all they could run. E85. So you are saying they had 2 mods if they had a dedicated E85 tune? Thats 1 mod. Now with the Flex fuel tunes we can run whatever we want and the ECU adjusts. I don't consider fuel choice a "mod". If you want to, then so be it. I run E85, and whoever I race has that choice too... just because they choose to run 93 octane, isn't my problem, and no sense in whining about it after they lose, if they lose.
Old 07-12-2016, 12:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Darn catback, tune, and drag pack S550s getting everyone in a tissy.
Old 07-12-2016, 12:45 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 98_WS6_M6
This would be an awesome run for sure!
I agree Aaron. Win or lose it will make a great video for here. Me and Doug have had are fair share of arguments but in person I think we would get along great and have fun.....cars is a hobby and should be all about having fun. I obviously respect his car or I wouldn't Wanna race it so bad. Hell if I can even hang with him I will be happy.
Old 07-12-2016, 12:46 AM
11 Second Club

E85 is a good gain that you downplay

You guys are modded evenly enough....just different mods
I don't downplay E85. But I sure as hell dont UPplay it like you do. I tell the truth when I say there is not a big noticeable difference on my car between 93 and E85. I have no reason to lie. Why would I? I am not a grudge racer who hides mods... You know what is done to my car.. it is what it is.

And no we are not modded evenly. The only power mods I have on my car is the tune +15ish hp when I run e85... thats it. If I were to put long tube headers, and delete the cats on my car, it wouldn't even be a race. As it is now, it would be a good race. Phil's car moves pretty good. But don't even try to downplay his setup. Full exhaust, no cats, Rockers(which pretty much gives him a different cam... yeah.. more lift), and Cold air setup.

So let's count power mods on our cars:

Me: Tune (1) , E85 (2).. and I will give you the catback even though it is 3rwhp at best, and loss of torque down low with the 3" diameter.

Phil: Long tubes (1), xpipe (2), cat delete (3), CAI (4), 1.85 Rockers (5)

Where are we evenly modded? Hmm... As I have stated before... it DOES take more mods on a 5th gen to beat/keep up with a 5.0... its just the way it is, and has been since 2011.

And again I state.. no hate at all towards Phil's car... its bad as hell, and moves pretty damn good for his mods... but he DOES have more mods than me.
Old 07-12-2016, 12:49 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
C6Z are so undergeared. You don't get out of third w one in the 1/4
Yeah I know... I don't get out of 3rd gear either.
Old 07-12-2016, 12:50 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 95Prplppletrz28
I wish I had access to a 1ss manual 5th gen that was stock. I firmly believe it would be neck and neck with a bone stock s550.
Gonna have to disagree with you mang. Sorry.
Old 07-12-2016, 12:55 AM
Teching In

Damn Poppa doing work in here!
Old 07-12-2016, 12:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

If anything, Poppa upplays his e85 gains
Old 07-12-2016, 01:02 AM
9 Second Club

I agree Aaron. Win or lose it will make a great video for here. Me and Doug have had are fair share of arguments but in person I think we would get along great and have fun.....cars is a hobby and should be all about having fun. I obviously respect his car or I wouldn't Wanna race it so bad. Hell if I can even hang with him I will be happy.
Definitely would Cory. You and Doug both have bad *** cars. Just need to get them put back back together now, I know how that goes. We'll be waiting
Old 07-12-2016, 01:06 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
I don't downplay E85. But I sure as hell dont UPplay it like you do. I tell the truth when I say there is not a big noticeable difference on my car between 93 and E85. I have no reason to lie. Why would I? I am not a grudge racer who hides mods... You know what is done to my car.. it is what it is.

And no we are not modded evenly. The only power mods I have on my car is the tune +15ish hp when I run e85... thats it. If I were to put long tube headers, and delete the cats on my car, it wouldn't even be a race. As it is now, it would be a good race. Phil's car moves pretty good. But don't even try to downplay his setup. Full exhaust, no cats, Rockers(which pretty much gives him a different cam... yeah.. more lift), and Cold air setup.

So let's count power mods on our cars:

Me: Tune (1) , E85 (2).. and I will give you the catback even though it is 3rwhp at best, and loss of torque down low with the 3" diameter.

Phil: Long tubes (1), xpipe (2), cat delete (3), CAI (4), 1.85 Rockers (5)

Where are we evenly modded? Hmm... As I have stated before... it DOES take more mods on a 5th gen to beat/keep up with a 5.0... its just the way it is, and has been since 2011.

And again I state.. no hate at all towards Phil's car... its bad as hell, and moves pretty damn good for his mods... but he DOES have more mods than me.
No drag pack poppa???
Old 07-12-2016, 01:11 AM
11 Second Club

Damn Poppa doing work in here!
Hey it was a long day at work... have to push all that work stress out somehow.

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
If anything, Poppa upplays his e85 gains
Yeah.. E85 is about like... adding a cai to the car. Not a major power adder in any way. I plan on putting my car on the dyno with 93 sometime soon... just have to find the time.
Old 07-12-2016, 01:17 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98_WS6_M6
No drag pack poppa???
I was listing mods that add power to the car. The drag pack doesn't make a huge difference either(I know people hate speedo vids.. but I use them to gauge different setups on my car from rolls, along with using my torque app for 60-130 times), and I will most likely not even run the skinnies up front when we race. I might run the radials in back simply because there is no way my car will do a low roll on the Invos... and Phil's car has much better traction tires on it than mine.

Then again, I might run it full sausage. I honestly haven't decided yet. My issue right now is finding a good weekend soon where I can drive 3hrs to meet up, get some grub and race. Got a bunch of personal stuff going on right now.
Old 07-12-2016, 01:28 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
I was listing mods that add power to the car. The drag pack doesn't make a huge difference either(I know people hate speedo vids.. but I use them to gauge different setups on my car from rolls, along with using my torque app for 60-130 times), and I will most likely not even run the skinnies up front when we race. I might run the radials in back simply because there is no way my car will do a low roll on the Invos... and Phil's car has much better traction tires on it than mine.

Then again, I might run it full sausage. I honestly haven't decided yet. My issue right now is finding a good weekend soon where I can drive 3hrs to meet up, get some grub and race. Got a bunch of personal stuff going on right now.
Just asking. I'd definitely run it. Worth it just for the weight reduction IMO. My vote for full sausage lol. Hope you get everything straightened out. I'm sure we'll see this race eventually.
Old 07-12-2016, 01:30 AM
Teching In

I didn't know Bambino got a 5th Gen?
Yeah... Traded his CJ set up 15' 5.0 after having transmission failure. He has a 1LE like mine now....
Old 07-12-2016, 01:42 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ZYBORG
Yeah... Traded his CJ set up 15' 5.0 after having transmission failure. He has a 1LE like mine now....
Them awesome Empty-82s

Quick Reply: 2015 5.Br0 vs Camaro SS 1LE *Vids*