Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2015 5.Br0 vs Camaro SS 1LE *Vids*

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 09:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
E85 is good for about a tenth - tenth and a half in the real world.
Not on a bro they are not
Old 07-12-2016, 10:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 88 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by 95Prplppletrz28
I run e85 in my lawn mower. After I turned it I was able to mow the entire lawn 17 seconds faster.
BS! E85 is hard on small engines and marine applications!!
Old 07-13-2016, 12:09 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 99peweterls1
You hush your mouf lol
I sowwy

Originally Posted by ZYBORG
One of the main factors on why I didnt pick up a 14' 5.0, and there was no way I was doing auto. I would have tried to rebuild with bronze guides or even an XL swap... Seems like some people are lucky and others are plagued with issues from the mt82.
Just a note. Ben Calimer is working wonders on the MT-82s. IF I were to have a MT82 car, I would pull the trans and send it to him for bulletproofing.

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
You are an auto goof.

Bros downplay e85. It works well on them. Wish I could run it in everything
I REALLY am not downplaying the E85 in my car. I truly am being honest when I say that I do not feel much of a difference at all between 93 and E85.

Originally Posted by 95Prplppletrz28
How dare you disagree with me. As per ls1tech regulation 45-3.11 I must result to petty name calling and bitchery.
Lol! That is the Hio clause in the general Tech statutes

Originally Posted by redbird555
No if you read my comment I said if they had a tune they had 1 mod but if they're running a different fuel I'd also consider that a mod...

and that's sort of stupid, that's like saying headers aren't a mod either. I have them and the other guy could run them too, not my problem if they don't. It can literally be said for any mod.

A mod is something that the car did not come with from the factory, tell me which GT I can go buy right now, drive to the gas station and put e85 in? if I go tune my car to run on FTW and leave the rest stock then the car would be tune only right? That's laughable
Correct... my car or another GT HAS to have a tune to run E85. But if I get a dedicated E85 tune on the car... where the only fuel I can run is E85.... you consider that 2 mods? In my case with the flex fuel tune I can run both or a mix of the 2. Again.. we will just agree to disagree.

One thing I find really annoying about SRK in general is everyone is SOOOO hell bent on diagnosing every single mod on the different cars, down to saying "He has 1 more mod than you! You should have lost!" Really annoying. I am just going to start ignoring that type of stuff and Run what I Brung. They are either faster than me, or not. I do not care what they have or have not done to their car.
Old 07-13-2016, 12:11 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by redbird555
The dyno posted of e85 is one example... Here's what's seen on a lot of other cars with e85, nothing at peak like ou state but the midrange, well no one likes to talk about that....

That dynosheet sure as hell isn't from a Coyote. So what does that have to do with the many other dynosheet we see like the one I posted? I guess I am just going to have to go dyno my car on 93, and E85 the same day. You going to help me pay the dyno fees? Purdy please?
Old 07-13-2016, 12:14 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
Bros only mention peak power. Kinda like they claim taking seats out do nothing...then why do it?

Bro life
My car will not be a stripper. IF I decide to keep it, I will most likely do a rear seat delete... I have no use for the back seat and the seat delete will be a better spot to put track tires etc. I will also end up having to put a cage in it.

That looks like e-85 and a tune gains. The blue afr seems to be a stock tune? It's really rich like one.

P.s.- look at that average torque on the pump gas. How much torque does an ls1 make at 4K rpm? Looks like the coyotes pulling 320ish here.
That sheet doesnt look right to me man.. I don't think thats a Coyote?
Old 07-13-2016, 12:19 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Wow. ......you even failed to put a 3 infront of your catback you are downplaying yours and up playing his do much.

4 drag pack/ your new wheel tire combo

5 suspension mods

Looks even to me or you're just building in some excuses.

Phil has stock suspension. ...stock wheel tire. Stick gearing unlike your shorter tires for better gearing.
Maybe that shoukd be #6 for you.

You have more mods than phil

7 for you if you have your cai on. Hell phils cai is a production piece so in don't count.

Count stands at 7 mods for poppa 4 on phils car.

I forgot to put the 3. You can see by my words and assume the 3. I didn't say I had 2 mods.

I will most likely run my street tires. That is not a mod... period.. You can cry all day about it. A set of 19" wheels with Invos is not a damned mod.. lol!

Suspension will have ZERO... I repeat ZEEERRROOOO effect on a roll race.. which is what we are talking about. This is why I did not list that.

His Z28 CAI don't count as a mod? LOL! I'll leave it at that.
Old 07-13-2016, 12:35 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ZYBORG
Things I have learned from Poppa and some of the more special 5.bros (not all):

I have learned.... That e85 does nothing at all... It does not add 12-15rwhp, while also cooling the intake charge and preventing time retard.

I have NEVER claimed the E85 does nothing. I have claimed I DO NOT notice a big difference "Seat of the pants" between the 2. Don't worry... I will be doing some 60-130 timed pulls with my Torque Pro app with 93 and E85.. we will see... I will also be putting the car on the dyno with 93 soon.. so we will see there too.

I have learned that suspension mods do nothing at all, they do not allow the car to gain better traction / acceleration by way of better transfer of the power to the pavement.

My car gained ZERO 60ft at the track with the springs on the car vs stock springs. They have not helped me at all at my current power level. Will they help when the Twin turbos are on the car? Most likely when coupled with a set of Viking Crusader adjustable rear shocks which is what they were designed to work with... sure... at that power level, they will help. I am not getting out of the hole hard enough on the stock stall for the springs to make one bit of difference right now. As for a roll race? Makes no damned difference.

I have learned that a set bigs and littles (drag pack) does nothing for a car. Skinnies up front do not reduce drag or rolling resistance, they also do not drop a substancial amount of weight from the car, more specifically rotational mass that leads to increased acceleration.
The rear wheels that also weight much less and allow for a better tire, also do not do anything at all....

1) I have never said the bigs/little do not help

2) I have also posted the weight difference(guess, not scaled yet) between the front street setup and skinnies

3) The front skinnies do not have as much of a bearing rotational weight wise because it is static and not on the power side of the drivetrain(driveshaft, rear wheels). Their only benefit is weight loss.

4) The rear wheels are not THAT much lighter than my street wheels(They are damned heavy Racestars... not Welds) They weigh 23lbs each. My street wheels weigh 26lbs each without the tires. Hell, my factory ugly assed 18" wheels are lighter than the SVE street wheels I have.

Catback exhaust, does not help exhaust gasses flow better with less reatriction, resulting in a slight bump in power at high rpms.

The EXACT catback I have on my car has been DYNO PROVEN same day same dyno to gain 3rwhp. Thats it... After I had the exhaust put on, it actually felt like I lost some low end torque because of the 3" diameter vs factory

CAI, does not allow the engine to breath better, therefore, helping increase performance. This mod actually hurts you.

The gains from a CAI(with the exception of the new PMAS setups) are not worth the increase in IATs. If I road raced the car where I was constantly moving.. yes.. good thing. But at the dragstrip in the staging lanes it hurts. The ECU starts to pull timing after 120 degrees IAT, and can pull up to 5 degrees of timing at 150 degrees. I am OCD about having the same IATs, Cylinder head temps etc when I run at the track because I want consistency. I want to change ONE thing at a time and keep everything else consistent to make my gains. You would think my car was a bracket car because of how consistent it is. And yes... I do have slips to prove that.
Old 07-13-2016, 12:36 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by zz4camaro1980
Heres mine (before and after the H/C). Had a lid and ORY at the time.
But your car is not a Coyote.
Old 07-13-2016, 07:04 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
My car will not be a stripper. IF I decide to keep it, I will most likely do a rear seat delete... I have no use for the back seat and the seat delete will be a better spot to put track tires etc. I will also end up having to put a cage in it.

It is rather low, I don't like comparing dyno sheets but I took note of the pump afr. Looks a tad askew for a tuned car.
Old 07-13-2016, 07:50 AM
10 Second Club

Received 434 Likes on 341 Posts

That dynosheet sure as hell isn't from a Coyote. So what does that have to do with the many other dynosheet we see like the one I posted? I guess I am just going to have to go dyno my car on 93, and E85 the same day. You going to help me pay the dyno fees? Purdy please?
That's a coyote dyno sheet

Hhhhmmmm.....no rear set us not full interior you know
I forgot to put the 3. You can see by my words and assume the 3. I didn't say I had 2 mods.

I will most likely run my street tires. That is not a mod... period.. You can cry all day about it. A set of 19" wheels with Invos is not a damned mod.. lol!

Suspension will have ZERO... I repeat ZEEERRROOOO effect on a roll race.. which is what we are talking about. This is why I did not list that.

His Z28 CAI don't count as a mod? LOL! I'll leave it at that.
Any mod is a mod.....unless it's poppa's car.

Z28 cai is a production oe piece. It's less I f a mod than your stuff fo sho
Finicky motors eehh.
Old 07-13-2016, 07:51 AM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

Poppa busted and in full defenst mode
Old 07-13-2016, 08:23 AM
On The Tree

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

But your car is not a Coyote.
I just posted that because 99peweter asked about a ls1s torque at 4k.
Old 07-13-2016, 08:35 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zz4camaro1980
I just posted that because 99peweter asked about a ls1s torque at 4k.
Troof, but comparing dyno numbers from different dates/Dynos/climate equals poop. It all needs to be samesame.
Old 07-13-2016, 09:18 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You can do whatever you want but that sheet is straight from svt on an s197 auto coyote....
Old 07-13-2016, 10:46 AM
On The Tree

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Troof, but comparing dyno numbers from different dates/Dynos/climate equals poop. It all needs to be samesame.
I understand, just thought my actual dyno graph would better answer your question than: "I read on the internet that all LS1s make Xrwtq at Xrpm".

Quick Reply: 2015 5.Br0 vs Camaro SS 1LE *Vids*