Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Firebird nose on a Trans Am from the factory?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 12:28 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,687 Likes on 1,208 Posts

Originally Posted by tbarry61
First let me say all you arm chair QB's
I have been reading this forum for some time. this IS a numbers matching WS6 car. Anyone want to put there money where there mouth is $ 500 ???? We will take the vin . Conference call a Chevy dealer and they will tell you it's a WS6. I have requested that this post be removed and the person who posted it be removed. It is against bpolicy to post MY AD . Pontiac DID use different noses. Do your research guys . If you don't know what your talking about just be silent .
No need to conference call anyone; if the SPID sticker shows the WS6 RPO, and the VIN on it matches the vehicle's VIN, then it's certainly an original WS6. Providing such information to a prospective buyer isn't an unreasonable request and shouldn't be a problem at all (if the SPID is missing or damaged, you can get a VIS report from GM that will list the RPOs and VIN.) That, however, does NOT in any way validate the claim about a shortage of front bumper assemblies, nor should anyone even take such a claim seriously without solid documentation/evidence - especially from an individual who lists a modified N2O car as "unmolested".

I agree that people who don't know what they are talking about should remain silent. Unfortunately, your post above is contrary to that very advice.

This site is here to support members of the F-body enthusiast community. LS1Tech does not have any policy against members asking for confirmation regarding the accuracy of claims made in CL ads. No action will be taken against the OP of this thread, but the various links to your ad have been removed.

-Admin.
Old 07-22-2016, 10:04 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 348 Likes on 319 Posts

First let me say all you arm chair QB's
I have been reading this forum for some time. this IS a numbers matching WS6 car. Anyone want to put there money where there mouth is $ 500 ????

Someone is definitely getting ripped off here. If it's you, then you have our deepest sympathies. Maybe you should leverage the expertise on this forum to build a case to recover your damages? (It wouldn't take Johnny Cochran to pull that off...)

Setting aside the issue of the bumper, it's obvious that this car has been in some sort of body shop. If that's due to the car being a knock-off, a car that was poorly/wrongly repaired after an accident, or a chop-shop hack job - then that's pretty easy to figure out. Sharing the VIN and RPO sticker would take us most of the way there.

Conference call a Chevy dealer and they will tell you it's a WS6.
Used car dealers are not exactly known as beacons of truth.

Pontiac DID use different noses. Do your research guys . If you don't know what your talking about just be silent.
If you want to stand behind the absurd claim that GM screwed up the higher end performance models coming off the assembly line (reserving the proper nose pieces for the regular T/A's leaving the factory) then perhaps the GM Heritage Center could confirm that for you? You could put the certificate on the dash and we can all shuffle by it in shame as the Pebble Beach Concours.

Quick Reply: Firebird nose on a Trans Am from the factory?