Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS3/TR6060 into 91 C1500

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 07:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How are you coming along

I am trying to keep up with you, I finally got to the point of wiring everything in, did you start yours yet. The 2014 LS3 motor with TR6060 is finally secured, I also had to modify the tunnel but the hydraulic clutch installed nicely. I have the fuel pump installed, lines ran and hopefully this weekend put the front end back together. What radiator set up did you go with? Do you have a schematic for the wiring harness? Talk to you soon. I will send some pictures soon.

Last edited by LS3 Bandit; 07-29-2016 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Added pictures.
Old 07-29-2016, 07:45 PM
Teching In

Old 07-30-2016, 07:02 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS3 Bandit
I am trying to keep up with you, I finally got to the point of wiring everything in, did you start yours yet. The 2014 LS3 motor with TR6060 is finally secured, I also had to modify the tunnel but the hydraulic clutch installed nicely. I have the fuel pump installed, lines ran and hopefully this weekend put the front end back together. What radiator set up did you go with? Do you have a schematic for the wiring harness? Talk to you soon. I will send some pictures soon.
I haven't started wiring the motor yet since I decided it'd be a good idea to swap to a 1999 dash at the same time I'm doing the motor swap and have been trying to get that squared away first. I just pulled down the info from lt1swap.com and plan to work with that.

I went with the Camaro radiator and fans, just had to rework the truck core support to make it work but it fits and all the Camaro hoses are even close enough that I can make them work.

Tunnel on the truck has plenty of room but I did run into a big snag this week. Before I started I contacted a local shop about the driveshaft and the guy said he could do it no problem, 2 day turnaround. I called on Monday to see what measurements he needed and gave them to him on Tuesday. He said he'd work it up and let me now price and all that but nothing so called back Wednesday and he was just so busy didn't get to it. Thursday he has 10 other orders on his desk but he'll get to mine today. Friday he can't figure out what I need and can't help me. So now that he couldn't man up and tell me I'm out another week. So I contacted The Driveshaft Shop and they can make me exactly what I need with a CV but it'll take around 2 weeks and cost 3-4 times what the local ******* told me he could do it for.

Just keep making progress, can't give up. Good luck, and please share progress.

Rock
Old 08-14-2016, 06:51 PM
Teching In

How are you coming along? I think I am making decent progress, I finally have the new EFI fuel tank along with fuel lines installed, used BRP for that, really nice set up and worked well. I purchased a SS exhaust with a cross over so we'll see how that sounds, I also went with shorty headers and cross through muffler that fits right I'm front of the gas tank, i purchased both of them off Ebay amd surprising enough they both went together very well and like the old exhaust that I had it hung really low and always scraped the ground, this one is tucked up and looks sweet. I put the radiator support back on and started the wiring, LT1swapmhas all the wiring information and diagrams for it all, it made if very easy, just time consuming soldering them altogether. I also ordered a radiator and custom drive shaft off ebay after several weeks of figuring out what I wanted, they will be here next week. I went with the Sonnax yoke too on my TR6060. I tried it insert some pictures but for some reason they will not upload.

Old 08-14-2016, 06:55 PM
Teching In

I sent a bunch of pictures but apparently they will not be available until a moderator approves them first. I am making good progress, I have been using LT1swap for wiring diagrams and they have been spot on. Hope to be starting it up in a few weeks.
Old 08-17-2016, 06:45 PM
On The Tree

I can see them now, they weren't there the other day when i read on here. You are definitely making progress, looking good. You'll be rolling soon enough

I hit a couple snags, ended up getting the entire engine and interior harness from a 1998 truck and working on pulling everything out that I don't need and figuring that all out first. I had one harness that was cut up a bit and it was causing me all kinds of issues so i started over.

Driveshaft should be done by the end of the week and here next week sometime. I had The Driveshaft Shop do it, they really seemed to know exactly what I need and how they could make it. Lots more $$$ than I wanted to spend but as they say buy once, cry once.

I haven't taken many pics, lots of pics of bundles of wire on here already I'll post something new when there's something to see.

Rock
Old 08-18-2016, 07:10 AM
On The Tree

LS3 Bandit, what are your plans for the driveshaft?

Rock
Old 08-18-2016, 08:32 PM
Teching In

Actually Everything came today, driveshaft 300 and radiator and fans 450

Old 08-19-2016, 09:50 PM
Teching In

Quick update, today I finished up welding in the floor pans and mounted the TR6060 shifter, the stock console doesn't for so well so I am going to have to figure something out for that.Tomorrow I am going to finish up the exhaust and continue with the wiring. How are you going to deal with the VATS? I am not sure.

Old 08-21-2016, 05:43 PM
Teching In

How you coming? I mounted the radiator and fans and continue to work on the wiring. I mounted the computer and fuse box, if I had extra money I would definitely get the smaller fuse box, oh well it works. Just for kicks I put the seat in to see what it looks like as I am changing it over to a hand e brake too. Getting closer.

Old 08-24-2016, 11:31 AM
Teching In

Well, still plugging away at the wiring, very time consuming, I finished the gas pedal wiring and realized the pedal wouldnt mount to the stock firewall so I had to make a mount.

Old 08-24-2016, 09:39 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by LS3 Bandit
Well, still plugging away at the wiring, very time consuming, I finished the gas pedal wiring and realized the pedal wouldnt mount to the stock firewall so I had to make a mount.

Who's thread is this??? Haha
Old 08-24-2016, 11:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

I'm a little confused as well. This has to be the most epic thread hijack ever though. I'd like to see more on the 91 c1500 swap.
Old 08-24-2016, 11:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 475 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by MY_2K_Z
I'm a little confused as well. This has to be the most epic thread hijack ever though. I'd like to see more on the 91 c1500 swap.
I hear ya, I had to go back to the first post and look at it again so I would know what build I was looking at.
Old 08-25-2016, 08:35 PM
On The Tree

I'm still here, buried in wiring. Every time we think we're making progress things don't seem to be working out. I really wish I had done the dash swap a while back and had all that working before trying to do this all at once.

Getting help from my son and we're working on getting the dash harness to the underhood harness and then we'll get that into the engine harness and computer.

That pedal mount looks a lot like the one I made, seems to work out pretty good, the pedal is the only thing I've actually got wired into the engine harness so far

Hopefully I'll have some pics to post up after this weekend. Won't be the driveshaft though because I called them today and was told last week it would ship out Friday or Monday and now it'll ship out next Tuesday.

Rock
Old 09-02-2016, 03:55 PM
On The Tree

So I spent a few hours trying to install the drive shaft today only to figure out it is about 1/2" too long. So it's on the way back to The Drive Shaft Shop so they can fix it. Looks like a real quality part so I'm pretty bummed but they said they'll make it right so just a short set back.

Plan is to get the dash installed tomorrow and then work on the wiring of the engine harness into the dash and underhood harness I got. I found and downloaded an actual GM service manual for the truck, it's 1400 pages and has great diagrams for everything so that's a big help.

Rock
Old 09-05-2016, 06:09 PM
On The Tree

I had the dash in and realized the bulkhead connector at the firewall wouldn't work with the clutch pedal where it was and I had just bled it and it felt good So pulled that, of course had to weld up those holes, then cut more holes about 1" over and had to make a new bracket to mount the front of the pedal assembly, remount the reservoir and plumbing. Not too big a deal but just another step back and a No pics because I was annoyed and just wanted to get it done and move on.

Well the dash, steering column and all are finally in and now on to the rest of the wiring. Any more motivation for me LS3 Bandit?

Rock
Old 09-05-2016, 09:14 PM
Teching In

LOL, oh yeah, I did not want to **** everyone else off,it was just nice sharing with you, I am glad to hear you are making progress. I finally have the motor and acessories installed but I am still struggling a bit on the wiring. I figured out the starter circuit but I cannot figure out how to tie in the run crank relay from the stock camaro fuse box which controls power to the engine components, mainly because I cannot seem to find the correct wiring diagram. I was hoping to have it fired up by now, maybe in a few weeks. After reading several forums I realized I needed to get the VATS and several other things flashed so I sent in the ECM....another 250 bucks. Keep me posted on your progress have a good day!

Old 09-11-2016, 06:06 PM
On The Tree

Well I got a bit of food poisoning on Friday so was down most of Saturday, between that and studying for promotion test on Monday I didn't even get out in the garage this weekend. Will hit it again soon, gotta check on the drive shaft this week to see when they'll get that back out to me.

Rock
Old 09-18-2016, 01:47 PM
On The Tree

Dash is in and hopefully not coming out again anytime soon.

Anyone know where any of these wires go?

This would have been a lot easier if the harness wasn't pulled from a wrecked truck with no motor, trying to figure out what everything goes to with no reference sucks, and it was chopped in a couple places like everything going to the stock ECM so that's not making it any easier.

Wiring the motor isn't enough of a PIA but now I've got to figure out headlights, taillights, wipers, etc... basically everything Anyone actually enjoy this stuff let me know, I've got tons of fun to share.

Rock

Quick Reply: LS3/TR6060 into 91 C1500