PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

idle hunting surging 4.8 to lq4 swap with cam and dual valve Springs

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2016, 11:30 PM
Restricted User

Received 107 Likes on 89 Posts

If its DBW, you can ignore the idle screw and TPS comment.
Old 08-05-2016, 11:40 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The VE table is very close to a stock 2006 4.8L VE Table in the first few columns.
See the comparison table below. That seems very odd...

Old 08-05-2016, 11:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kevin87turbot
The VE table is very close to a stock 2006 4.8L VE Table in the first few columns.
See the comparison table below. That seems very odd...

I'm starting to get a little confused one person said to use the same ve you're saying it's similar so that's odd? literally I put in a lq4 with a cam and Springs after blowing up my 4.8 drove it around a few days under 25% throttle to make sure that it was a decent motor because I already did this once and then drove it to my tuner to be Dyno Tuned because he said the files between Motors are very similar and won't hurt anything as long as I don't go into fuel enrichment and boost and then was Dyno Tuned I can't remember if I had these issues before the tune or not but no matter who changed the tune or what changes are made the problems stays the same the problem seems to be intermittent like the idols not perfect but sometimes it will surge sometimes it won't obviously I hope it's the tune because I've gone through the truck and everything seems perfect so if it's not the tune I'm pretty much pulling stuff apart I am not a tuner I am barely a novice I'm pretty good with transmission I did my own segment swap I understand what some of the tables do but definitely don't understand most of it or what's normal stuff like that I don't expect anybody to spoon-feed me I guess what I'm saying is if you're going to give me some advice be ready to explain to me how to make the changes I truly appreciate everybody's information it is helpful I'm just frustrated with my truck so I've been going crazy with it lol doesn't seem too search what I'm doing donuts or running in the quarter mile LOL

Quick Reply: idle hunting surging 4.8 to lq4 swap with cam and dual valve Springs