Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Cammed 5th gen vs stock 6th gen

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 04:05 PM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
^^^^LOL ....does anyone remember either of the 2 above sharing any kind of useful information?
Do you even know what section you are in?

This is SRK, I've posted more kills this year than you have in the last 5. LOL

Stay retired and start hanging in the Tech sections, you are useless in here.
Old 08-08-2016, 05:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Good for you. ....i haven't even drive my car this year.

****....look who's backing you up. Nate......lmao. Need i say more
Old 08-08-2016, 05:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 08-08-2016, 06:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

At least he can back his talk up..
Old 08-08-2016, 07:27 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
What do average ZL1 time come to? You think every ZL1 runs 11.6 hero runs like the fastest one? Like you think all 6gen SS run 11.9 stock huh?

My LBO S550 is faster than most stock ZL1s.
Hero run for a stock ZL1 is 11.558@118.26. I keep hearing about these fast bros and have yet to see or run one. The slow *** ZL1 runs 8.2 on Falken 453s to the fast *** 5bros running 8.8s or slower. I made a point after hearing all this crap to try to catch all the fast *** 5bro passes. Damn the 7 sec cars are fast...

Old 08-08-2016, 07:39 PM
7 Second Club

Good for you. ....i haven't even drive my car this year. ...
Way to admit you're retired. Stick to dyno and youtube racing with the non racers....because that's what you really are. Geeeze
Old 08-08-2016, 07:40 PM
Teching In

GM has the new ZL1 running 11.4 @ 127. Can't wait for those hero runs.
Old 08-08-2016, 07:44 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by slowZZZ
That car should be real good. Hope they were able to give it extra cooling for that baby blower
Old 08-08-2016, 07:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by islander033
That car should be real good. Hope they were able to give it extra cooling for that baby blower
It's gonna have like 11 heat exchangers total for the whole powertrain or something like that. Guess they didn't want another Z06 fiasco. Supposedly the '17 Z06 is getting cooling upgrades as well, but I don't know to what extent. That's why they halted production after the '16s all got built.
Old 08-08-2016, 08:39 PM
Teching In

Post it up dude. The only fuel tgat has ever been mixed with the 93 in my car is 89 and 91.

Coyote doesn't shine any more than a ls3 for boost. Hell it don't even out shine the ole' ls6

You should check yo numbers again

Yea he got out good......most right on the hole shot.

Vette was impromptu street run. I didn't rven know what he had goin on till he stopped by my house one day after seeing the car.

Both woulda beat you . You woulsa never even slowed the gtr's pull

Just think how bad tgat gtr would beat you if you can't even stop a 124 mph car from pulling you after him spinning

Your rolls races mean squat on et dude. Just a talking point hillary.

Actually it does ok. It just works really hard to do it. It takes 1k more rpm to even think about being close. Let's not forget e85. With out a fuel advantage it's not even close then. Rpm for rpm it's not close either.

Like i said

Ricer calc from hell there

Poppa ricer equation = poppa x wind ÷ aero x weight ^2 by poppa head size

Yes his modded 5br0 is much slower than a zl. Just like his blower swapped gt100 was
Holy **** Doug. Stip much? Now your using excuses like fuel and RPM? Who cares your the one that preaches about people not spinning they're LS to the moon so get to spinning son......your allowed to run fuel of any choice Doug. It takes you a 500+lbs advantage and 3000 DA difference to even hang with my army tank.....let's not mention your 4lb clutch and faceplated trans. My car is up a solid 6-7 mph since those bolt on runs possibly more I will find out this fall.

Nate-. That Meme was hilarious.
Old 08-08-2016, 08:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by slowZZZ
I fully expect "hero" runs to be deep in the 10s.... Considering there has been 6 gen SS camaros run 11.90s@116 in good air/good tracks.... So add 200hp and a trick *** transmission... Wouldn't surprise me to see the ZL1 go 10.50s in the right hands.
Old 08-08-2016, 09:11 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ****** srt8
Hero run for a stock ZL1 is 11.558@118.26. I keep hearing about these fast bros and have yet to see or run one. The slow *** ZL1 runs 8.2 on Falken 453s to the fast *** 5bros running 8.8s or slower. I made a point after hearing all this crap to try to catch all the fast *** 5bro passes. Damn the 7 sec cars are fast...

Mustang 6 - YouTube

Mustang 6 - YouTube

Mustang 4 - YouTube

Mustang 3 - YouTube
Seen your videos before. Those are not my car. If your ZL1 is still stock, you would get the gap from my car.
Old 08-08-2016, 09:27 PM
12 Second Club

Seen your videos before. Those are not my car. If your ZL1 is still stock, you would get the gap from my car.
lol You wouldn't be the the first modded bro to go down to the CAI only ZL1. I have literally targeted every 5.0 I see trying to find one of these fast ones and even puppy kicked a cocky guy in a new A8 Scat Pack just to get some better competition. All the slow *** ZL1s some of you keep talking about must have no idea what race mode is or how to put it in race mode. Any setting other than mode 5(PTM 5-Race), pulls power and you might as well be in a 5G SS at that point. My ZL1 is slow but, the 5.0 is slower.

Last edited by willys srt8; 08-08-2016 at 09:44 PM.
Old 08-08-2016, 09:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by corysmach1
Holy **** Doug. Stip much? Now your using excuses like fuel and RPM? Who cares your the one that preaches about people not spinning they're LS to the moon so get to spinning son......your allowed to run fuel of any choice Doug. It takes you a 500+lbs advantage and 3000 DA difference to even hang with my army tank.....let's not mention your 4lb clutch and faceplated trans. My car is up a solid 6-7 mph since those bolt on runs possibly more I will find out this fall.

Old 08-08-2016, 10:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ****** srt8
lol You wouldn't be the the first modded bro to go down to the CAI only ZL1. I have literally targeted every 5.0 I see trying to find one of these fast ones and even puppy kicked a cocky guy in a new A8 Scat Pack just to get some better competition. All the slow *** ZL1s some of you keep talking about must have no idea what race mode is or how to put it in race mode. Any setting other than mode 5(PTM 5-Race), pulls power and you might as well be in a 5G SS at that point. My ZL1 is slow but, the 5.0 is slower.
Well... there is too much distanve between us to find out unfortunately. Let us know when you hit up a 1/4 mile track
Old 08-08-2016, 10:17 PM
12 Second Club

Well... there is too much distanve between us to find out unfortunately. Let us know when you hit up a 1/4 mile track
Much respect to you getting in the 11s. Obviously you have done something right. Hopefully I will have mods before I go back to the track. I've given up on the track here but we all know how peer pressure and smack talk works...
Old 08-08-2016, 11:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

*****'s and I enjoy the occasional trash talk sesh.

Now get that fatcat and get rid of fatgen
Old 08-09-2016, 12:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by ajrothm
I fully expect "hero" runs to be deep in the 10s.... Considering there has been 6 gen SS camaros run 11.90s@116 in good air/good tracks.... So add 200hp and a trick *** transmission... Wouldn't surprise me to see the ZL1 go 10.50s in the right hands.
Nah I think the zo6 hero time is 10.3-4. And it has better rear tires and ~400 lbs lighter. The 10 speed in the zl1 could help though.

10.8-10.9 hero run for the zl1 is my guess on stock tires.
Old 08-09-2016, 06:57 AM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by ZNix
At least he can back his talk up..
Lol....neither can
Originally Posted by islander033
Way to admit you're retired. Stick to dyno and youtube racing with the non racers....because that's what you really are. Geeeze
Count those slips and stop being a bitch. If i never raced again i will have raced more than you have.
Originally Posted by corysmach1

You're the one that whined about cubes.....i just threw it back at ya in a different way. See how dumb you sound?

No I can't run whatever fuel I want......with out hauling it. Thing about street cars is they need to stay somewhat convenient. Now i understand your 5br0 would be off .2-.3 w/o e85. That's ok......seems the norm for those. You think you need a fuel advantage......you do

Fp'd trans did next to nothing other than help keep sycro's in it. Atleast I'm still using my oe trans......you couldn't . Hey man youcan run whatever trans you want.

What you want me to run a ls7 clutch? You put one in your car. So you can run whatever fuel you want but i can't make my own clutch?

Only ricers use da as a excuse. You act like your car is full weight.......lol ....you don't even have exhaust You can run whatever weight you want

If your car is 6-7 mph up vs your bolt on runs....which is 4-6 mph slower than my runs. The real issue here is that you trapped 125 on your best run. That puts you at 118-119 bolt on with no rounding like you like to do.

Nates funny eehh? You ever see him post anything about his car?

Now that's funny
You need to worry about lbo 5gens before you worry about zl1's
Originally Posted by marc97taws6
*****'s and I enjoy the occasional trash talk sesh.

Now get that fatcat and get rid of fatgen
Seems like he's having lots of fun thrashing all the 5br0s he can find. Why change?
Old 08-09-2016, 07:14 AM
Teching In

Lol....neither can

Count those slips and stop being a bitch. If i never raced again i will have raced more than you have.

You're the one that whined about cubes.....i just threw it back at ya in a different way. See how dumb you sound?

No I can't run whatever fuel I want......with out hauling it. Thing about street cars is they need to stay somewhat convenient. Now i understand your 5br0 would be off .2-.3 w/o e85. That's ok......seems the norm for those. You think you need a fuel advantage......you do

Fp'd trans did next to nothing other than help keep sycro's in it. Atleast I'm still using my oe trans......you couldn't . Hey man youcan run whatever trans you want.

What you want me to run a ls7 clutch? You put one in your car. So you can run whatever fuel you want but i can't make my own clutch?

Only ricers use da as a excuse. You act like your car is full weight.......lol ....you don't even have exhaust You can run whatever weight you want

If your car is 6-7 mph up vs your bolt on runs....which is 4-6 mph slower than my runs. The real issue here is that you trapped 125 on your best run. That puts you at 118-119 bolt on with no rounding like you like to do.

Nates funny eehh? You ever see him post anything about his car?

Now that's funny

You need to worry about lbo 5gens before you worry about zl1's

Seems like he's having lots of fun thrashing all the 5br0s he can find. Why change?

Proof my car slows down .2-.3 on E85? I'll be waiting.
We already went over this in the group same DA when I was bolt ons we averaged are best runs once again when I as bolt ons and I had you covered. You don't Wanna play that game now because you lose badly. Yes you can run whatever fuel you want. Period. your -500lbs lighter. Lastly Doug you sound like a full blown retard when you say a Faceplated trans doesn't help. Let me know when you want me to cover you on anything else.

Last edited by corysmach1; 08-09-2016 at 07:32 AM.

Quick Reply: Cammed 5th gen vs stock 6th gen