Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2015 Mustang GT vs 2016 Camaro SS

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2016, 02:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZYBORG
Love that video, once again showing how the bros like to deceive! Notice how the listed "bolt on 6g ss vs bolt on 6g 5.0".... Then when you read closer... The camaro is a manual with only cai and drag radials vs an auto, converter, drag radials, cai, LTs and tuned car.... Lmao...

What a joke.... Bros getting deaperate.
yeah man, GM crowd really is getting desperate every single time Hammer & Hio call a FBO 5th/6th gen stock.

Hiocrew been had misleading GM vehicle mods since forever but you can't see that with all of GMs hot salty nut in your eye can you?
Old 09-20-2016, 02:01 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
I just like having newer cars that I like and serve my purposes at the time, no matter the brand.
Oo I here ya same here. But it's not about money like which you claim either.

You want a 6th gen and that's cool, but it's not cheaper than boosting your coyote to purchase and do all that to the 6th gen.
Old 09-20-2016, 02:05 PM
Teching In

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

6G looks all day.... Although, there are ways to fix the abortion that is the s550 gt.

APR front splitter, roush hood vents, nice set of wheels and tires (basically anything non-velgen), 350 track pack spoiler, 350 rear diffuser would do it...
APR splitter: I can't for the life of me get to like the double splitter look (stock plus APR). I will likely get a performance pack splitter in the future which is slightly more aggressive.

Roush hood vents: this is another mod I can't seem to like though it looks great on some cars like white of blue, not sure it fits on the orange.

Wheels: this is purely a financial decision, I drive my car and although HREs would be awesome I can't justify driving around and scratching such expensive wheels. I liked the FS01s from MRR(I believe) but with shipping it was a lot more than Velgen. Velgen is like a mile down the road, I walked right in and saw them all in person which I couldn't do with others. Also they offer Satin black which some others don't, like the GT350R, which I liked but gloss black is not for me.

Spoiler: I'll likely get a GT350 track spoiler, saw it in person and like it.

Diffuser: not sure if I'm going to put up the coin for a GT350 diffuser/exhaust. But RTR makes a fairly nice diffuser with more aggressive fins that I'm considering.
Old 09-20-2016, 02:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99peweterls1
Oo I here ya same here. But it's not about money like which you claim either.

You want a 6th gen and that's cool, but it's not cheaper than boosting your coyote to purchase and do all that to the 6th gen.
Well, it is partially money right now being a deciding factor in purchasing a 6G right now, among other things. I want a 6G, but currently don't want to sell my car just to fork out another $16k for a car that is slower than my car currently. Not to mention I could pay off the Kia with that $16k difference and get my only debt off of my name.

That and I'm holding out for the aftermarket to catch up with them, to see some results when it does, to see reliability and how they hold up a bit longer term subject to abuse, and to make sure tuners figure out the a8/e85 stuff.
Old 09-20-2016, 03:05 PM
Launching!

Well, it is partially money right now being a deciding factor in purchasing a 6G right now, among other things. I want a 6G, but currently don't want to sell my car just to fork out another $16k for a car that is slower than my car currently. Not to mention I could pay off the Kia with that $16k difference and get my only debt off of my name.

That and I'm holding out for the aftermarket to catch up with them, to see some results when it does, to see reliability and how they hold up a bit longer term subject to abuse, and to make sure tuners figure out the a8/e85 stuff.
I hear you homie. If you want a 6th gen I ain't mad at you. I mean why would I be? Lol

That doesn't sound like a bad plan. Cam/kit 6th gen would get down. Just not the "cheapest route".
Old 09-20-2016, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

I hear you homie. If you want a 6th gen I ain't mad at you. I mean why would I be? Lol

That doesn't sound like a bad plan. Cam/kit 6th gen would get down. Just not the "cheapest route".
Quit trying to appeal to my inner Jew.

Also, mod up your damn car and quit with this "retaining the warranty" bs
Old 09-20-2016, 04:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 205 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
Probably not man. I have back surgery scheduled for October 12. Probably will not make it to a track for a couple months after that. Might be able to go again December/January provided any are open with decent weather.
Dang sorry to hear that . Hope all goes well for you
Old 09-20-2016, 04:44 PM
Teching In

Already hating on your fellow bro, arent you....

Why would you be? Jealousy, you have the much inferior direct "competitor"...

Not everyone cares to buy the cheapest **** and "slap a charger" on it... Lol
Old 09-20-2016, 04:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Already hating on your fellow bro, arent you....

Why would you be? Jealousy, you have the much inferior direct "competitor"...

Not everyone cares to buy the cheapest **** and "slap a charger" on it... Lol
I think he knows how cheap I am being on the kik chat with me for several months so he was trying to advise for me to throw a TVS blower on my 2013 Br0 like I had originally planned when I acquired it.

I don't take any offense to it. In his defense, I flipped him a lot of crap for keeping his car near stock to retain the warranty for awhile.
Old 09-20-2016, 04:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BlkMach1
APR splitter: I can't for the life of me get to like the double splitter look (stock plus APR). I will likely get a performance pack splitter in the future which is slightly more aggressive.

Roush hood vents: this is another mod I can't seem to like though it looks great on some cars like white of blue, not sure it fits on the orange.

Wheels: this is purely a financial decision, I drive my car and although HREs would be awesome I can't justify driving around and scratching such expensive wheels. I liked the FS01s from MRR(I believe) but with shipping it was a lot more than Velgen. Velgen is like a mile down the road, I walked right in and saw them all in person which I couldn't do with others. Also they offer Satin black which some others don't, like the GT350R, which I liked but gloss black is not for me.

Spoiler: I'll likely get a GT350 track spoiler, saw it in person and like it.

Diffuser: not sure if I'm going to put up the coin for a GT350 diffuser/exhaust. But RTR makes a fairly nice diffuser with more aggressive fins that I'm considering.
I was never a fan of splitter on splitter relationships but on certain occasions it is needed. You need the APR splitter to tame the big "forehead" of the s550 gt.

The roush vents would look great on comp O, it would also make that yatch of a hood more aggressive, black and comp O = great combo.

**** HREs.... Velgens are actually pretty decent and make sense for your application, just giving you a hard time on that.

Gt350 TP spoiler is a must. If not, there is this other "blade" style spoiler but dont know the name. Also looks great, like a mix of the 350 TP and 2010+ gt500 spoiler. It adds muscle to the rear.

Gt350'rear diffuser. Totally needed to get rid of that goofy *** fog lamp on he rear. Will make the package complete and make for a great looking ride.
Old 09-20-2016, 04:59 PM
Teching In

I think he knows how cheap I am being on the kik chat with me for several months so he was trying to advise for me to throw a TVS blower on my 2013 Br0 like I had originally planned when I acquired it.

I don't take any offense to it. In his defense, I flipped him a lot of crap for keeping his car near stock to retain the warranty for awhile.
Its all good. Just stirring the pot. Either way, there is fun to be had. 6G is a much more complete package though.
Old 09-20-2016, 04:59 PM
Teching In

Never been a fan of replica cars, small touches yes but large parts no. I like the TP spoiler and the Roush too, the two are in slightly different locations.
Old 09-20-2016, 05:01 PM
Teching In

Nothing wrong with adding some touches, as long as you dont fake badge.

Roush spoiler looks like ****, IMO.
Old 09-20-2016, 05:08 PM
Teching In

Never seen it in person. Only the gt350s TP on an avalanche grey gt350. Looked good and not as big as I imagined it being. I want the PP splitter so I can get rid of the guard that comes down across the front along with the splitter being more aggressive on the sides.
Old 09-20-2016, 05:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Its all good. Just stirring the pot. Either way, there is fun to be had. 6G is a much more complete package though.
I agree wholeheartedly. I loved the few I test drove and few I have driven since. To my cheap *** with a paid for car the question to myself is always "do I really want to sell my car just to shell out another $16k for a slower car?"

I'm sure it'll happen at some point. My daily Poopstang is racking up the miles as my daily when the truck and Optima aren't being driven.
Old 09-20-2016, 05:29 PM
Teching In

Never seen it in person. Only the gt350s TP on an avalanche grey gt350. Looked good and not as big as I imagined it being. I want the PP splitter so I can get rid of the guard that comes down across the front along with the splitter being more aggressive on the sides.
Found it. This the best looking spoiler for your car in my opinion. PERFECTION.

The PP splitter is not big enough to fix the front end. APR splitter man. APR.

Old 09-20-2016, 05:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

That looks badass
Old 09-20-2016, 06:25 PM
Teching In

Track Package? I thought the ends were elevated.
Old 09-20-2016, 06:38 PM
Teching In

Track Package? I thought the ends were elevated.
No, thats the other spoiler I was telling you about. Not sure of the brand/name but it is ****.
Old 09-20-2016, 06:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

I still have not seen a GT350R in the flesh yet. 350 looks and sounds awesome

Quick Reply: 2015 Mustang GT vs 2016 Camaro SS