Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Paxton SC1500 on C5 ISSUES

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 06:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Paxton SC1500 on C5 ISSUES

I am having trouble with my supercharger kit, it is a ECS Paxton 1500. 8 rib flip drive kit. ECS pulleys, 3.47 blower, Innovators west balancer and STOCK idlers.

The full kit is from ECS, brackets, belts, tensioner ect.

I have contacted Chris at ECS and seem to more less get told I'm stupid, I am having issues with the belt walking off the front (towards head unit.) Stock idler pulleys, the idler under the blower pulley only rides 3/4 of the belt. They say stock idler should work......... Well it hasn't yet.

I now spaced the head unit out after I had no luck, spaced the idler out and now it is not walking, ironic. BUT, I drive it and have no problems normal driving. I snap the throttle and belts fly apart lol, obviously something isn't right still. I'm nearly stumped, they say the lower tensioner should be at a 1 O'clock position,

any help?

I am running a cheap belt ($9.xx) a belt from a tractor site online, https://www.vbeltguys.com/collection...e-micro-v-belt

I don't see the cheap belt being my issue considering I'm not making a full pull, just literally snapping the gas in 2nd gear. The reason I went to the cheap belt is because $35 gates belts get expensive, had planned to get another good belt when my issue was fixed.

Any help would be great. Thanks

Quick Reply: Paxton SC1500 on C5 ISSUES