Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone running N2O Outlet bottle opener on older style bottle?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2017, 05:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 205 Likes on 159 Posts

Default Anyone running N2O Outlet bottle opener on older style bottle?

I'm able to open the bottle just fine with the remote bottle opener, but closing it is an issue. I believe the little rubber piece that goes in-between the orange fins as seen in the first pic is getting bunched up somehow because when I take it apart, the rubber piece just falls out. Maybe it has something to do with it being an older style bottle? Anyone running this setup on an older N2O bottle? I'm able to open and close the bottle tight by hand simply by turning the top piece on the bottle myself, so I don't think the part that you turn that mounts to the bottle is the issue.

Anyone have a pic of the newer style bottle that they can post that has the N2O line running to it? My setup has a 4AN swivel manifold with dual 1/8 NPT Ports running to a 8an to 4an adapter on one side of the bottle, and a 8AN blow down tube on the other side as seen in the pic. On my setup, one NPT port on the swivel manifold has a gauge on it and the other has the electric bottle heater sensor. I ask because if I have to switch bottles to the newer style, I want to make sure all that stuff still fits under the right side hatch panel while using a bottle warmer which raises the angle of the bottle, making it a tight fit. I actually went with a 180 fitting on the end of the blow down tube line because that was the only way to orient the bottle and still make everything fit.

Name:  IMG_6021_zpsgarhmskm.jpg
Views: 2872
Size:  132.5 KB

Name:  IMG_6020_zpstkf8crcy.jpg
Views: 2819
Size:  98.6 KB

Name:  IMG_6019_zpsbxgbyfze.jpg
Views: 2861
Size:  66.9 KB
Old 04-10-2017, 09:01 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does the rubber piece show to have any damage on it? (tears, scuff marks, etc.?) Also, make sure that it's going together properly and the motor is is set all the way down on the gear. If not, that may not be the issue- check the voltage and resistance to and from the opener when you are opening and closing it and make sure that it's steady.
Old 04-10-2017, 09:04 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's some pics of the opener on our billet valve bottle. These are in a Hellcat, but should give you a good idea of the size. 10 and 15lb bottles are pictured-

Quick Reply: Anyone running N2O Outlet bottle opener on older style bottle?