Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No fuel at schrader valve

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 01:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No fuel at schrader valve

1998 Camaro return style vette rail...I changed over to a walbro 450lph pump.. now I'm getting fuel pressure to the rail but none getting by the regulator.

Bought a new regulator..no change.

Any insight? Anyone else had this problem I've searched but came up with nothing.
Old 05-17-2017, 09:09 AM
Staging Lane

No one ever had this issue? Does it take a certain amount of pressure to get through the regulator?
Old 05-17-2017, 12:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Regulator is in tank on all fbody applications. There was a rumor that late 97 production ls1 fbodies used in pre development testing had regulators on the fuel rail. Companies received the pre production 98 models for testing and made products according to that vehicle. Companies like typhoon advertise a 98 needs a special fuel rail with a new regulator however it does not

Even my Dec 97 trans am had no fpr.

So you're not suppose to have a regulator like a vette does
Old 05-17-2017, 01:50 PM
Staging Lane

Well for whatever reason mine doesn't have an in tank regulator it has the return style 97 Vette rail and has had that setup since I bought the car 3 years ago...this issue has me puzzled...I can pull the regulator and prime the pump and fuel shoots everywhere...put regulator back in and nothing gets past it.
Old 05-17-2017, 08:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pics would help a lot. Is the pump the only change you made? Like stated above FPR is in the tank on a 98
Old 05-17-2017, 10:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The fpr would need to be connected to a vacuum source to open.

Is your fpr connect to an engine vacuum line?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/fueling-i...regulator.html

Vette rail with fpr

The only pump I would use in my 98 is the race tronix. The 98 pumps and hangers are very delicate

Fbody pressure regulator (to note the pump below is a 99+ which is collapseable. The 98 hanger assembly bends and twists into the tank)

Last edited by chrysler kid; 05-17-2017 at 10:16 PM.
Old 05-19-2017, 11:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by DVS BSTD
Well for whatever reason mine doesn't have an in tank regulator it has the return style 97 Vette rail and has had that setup since I bought the car 3 years ago...this issue has me puzzled...I can pull the regulator and prime the pump and fuel shoots everywhere...put regulator back in and nothing gets past it.
This tells me that your regulator is leaking (stuck open) which relieves pressure into the the return line so you see no pressure at schrader valve.

Quick Reply: No fuel at schrader valve