Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

fuel system testing runs.

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2017, 06:01 AM
9 Second Club

Received 181 Likes on 96 Posts

Default fuel system testing runs.

well after not being happy with the way aftermarket rails fit and mount to truck intakes I decided to make my own system using stock rails.

after messing with holley rails and having oring leaks and having to use the factory clips to keep the injector spaced out so they don't leak and flipping the brackets so they squeeze the rail down I just didn't feel they whould'nt leak under boost.

so I built a system using two factory return rails . so I'm running two pumps, two fuel lines two return lines and two factory return regulators. I run a check valve so on the street I run one pump. bosch 044 . at the track I turn on the second pump (aem 380)both run to there prospective rails but the crossover tube keeps the pressure and volume the same for all injectors.

last year I ran 9.90 at 136 mph on a single aem 380. on e85. Saturday I ran 10.16 on my single bosch 044 on e85 at 12 psi boost but the afr was going lean at the stripe.

here is where it gets weird. apearently I was tuning and crutching my single pump system by opening the injector longer to keep my afr safe . I say this because after I made some very rich runs with both pumps I had to take 20% fuel out to get the car back to 10.8 afr on e85. I didn't set any et new bests but just kept working on the fuel chart and was leaving easy in the 1.6 to 1.7 60' but I did get a 10.1 at 140 mph run 17 psi boost with a 1.73 60. so all in all my fuel system works and I can get it out of the hole and mid 9s are in reach now.

pic

Quick Reply: fuel system testing runs.