Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

What did you do to your V today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 06:40 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FuzzyLog1c
Here you go:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/132008762785

Already has the Cadillac emblem on the other side.
Sweet thanks man
Old 06-02-2017, 05:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Pic of before some exhaust work gets done. Finally going to weld up the Corsa exhaust and eliminate the million clamps on that system.

For those that don't know.

The Corsa Cat back doesn't have a front or mid hanger and has quite a few clamped connections. The simple reason for all these clamps isn't adjust-ability but ease of shipping. The lack of a mid support puts the entire weight of the system on your headers and the two stock rubber hangers at the very rear of the car. Stress is concentrated at the weakest point which is the welds on the resonators and headers. The resonator welds cracking is a common failure point on this system. Premature header weld failure is also symptom.

I'll post up a description of what was done and pics of the final setup when complete this weekend. Then next project is hood and headlight gaps!

Name:  0H8A0878ps-Lr_zpsvd6lbtka.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  244.1 KB
Old 06-03-2017, 12:37 AM
Staging Lane

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Just took it for a drive after replacing the front shocks, wheel bearing, and channeling and greasing the front lower control arm bushings (pics posted in control arm thread). Also replaced 2 TPMS and balanced the tires while it was up on stands.

Bushings were silent finally and the car was much more dampened on choppy roads and didn't flop like it used to on big dips or transitions in the road. Very pleased.

Discovered that the inner cup on the hub, where the sensor pickup is mounted, can be carefully pried off and re-indexed to where it needs to be. Bought a Moog 513139 for a C6 Vette and the lead was indexed at a bolt hole instead of between them. Popped it off, rotated it, and sealed it up again. So far so good.
Old 06-03-2017, 08:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

A bit of an obscure "mod" this morning. My back seat is still out of the car from last weekend's track event. Before reinstalling it I wanted to put some edge trim guard stuff along the bottom edge of the seat. Every time I wrestle the seat back in and out of the car it's a struggle not to mark up the plastic inner rocker / door sill trim pieces. I replaced them once already because they were banged up.

Shoulda gone with the chrome stuff .

Originally Posted by barrok69
Pic of before some exhaust work gets done. Finally going to weld up the Corsa exhaust and eliminate the million clamps on that system.

For those that don't know.

The Corsa Cat back doesn't have a front or mid hanger and has quite a few clamped connections. The simple reason for all these clamps isn't adjust-ability but ease of shipping. The lack of a mid support puts the entire weight of the system on your headers and the two stock rubber hangers at the very rear of the car. Stress is concentrated at the weakest point which is the welds on the resonators and headers. The resonator welds cracking is a common failure point on this system. Premature header weld failure is also symptom.
Not a bad idea, I'm interested to see the result. If I ever have that done on mine, I would see about getting things to tuck up a bit higher. As things are now, mine rests on the little cross piece that bolts across the tunnel. I used to be able to get it to not do that, but it doesn't want to cooperate anymore.
Old 06-03-2017, 11:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info. I'm going to have to check my Corsa now. I've had an xpipe welded in already not sure if they added a midhanger
Old 06-03-2017, 04:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by AAIIIC
A bit of an obscure "mod" this morning. My back seat is still out of the car from last weekend's track event. Before reinstalling it I wanted to put some edge trim guard stuff along the bottom edge of the seat. Every time I wrestle the seat back in and out of the car it's a struggle not to mark up the plastic inner rocker / door sill trim pieces. I replaced them once already because they were banged up.
That's a great idea. What's the part number on that Cowles edge trim?
Old 06-03-2017, 07:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TST_brah
Just took it for a drive after replacing the front shocks, wheel bearing, and channeling and greasing the front lower control arm bushings (pics posted in control arm thread). Also replaced 2 TPMS and balanced the tires while it was up on stands.

Bushings were silent finally and the car was much more dampened on choppy roads and didn't flop like it used to on big dips or transitions in the road. Very pleased.

Discovered that the inner cup on the hub, where the sensor pickup is mounted, can be carefully pried off and re-indexed to where it needs to be. Bought a Moog 513139 for a C6 Vette and the lead was indexed at a bolt hole instead of between them. Popped it off, rotated it, and sealed it up again. So far so good.
What shocks did you use?
Old 06-03-2017, 08:29 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by FuzzyLog1c
That's a great idea. What's the part number on that Cowles edge trim?
Looks like T5602 - that's the only thing I see on the package that appears to be a part #.
Old 06-03-2017, 08:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by AAIIIC
Looks like T5602 - that's the only thing I see on the package that appears to be a part #.
Thanks!

I was looking at this page and figured it was either the T5602 (edge trim) or T3802 (u-door trim). I've killed a couple of seatbelt housings and door trim pieces taking the backseat out. This should be a great little mod.
Old 06-04-2017, 11:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Took off these black frc's i hacked up before and installed the red ones
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your V today?-image.jpg  
Old 06-04-2017, 11:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

Red ones
Old 06-04-2017, 11:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Another veiw
Old 06-04-2017, 11:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

After i f'ed up the black ones i decided to redo a set, Only had to cut the pass side a little bit near the rear, right by that bracket for the silver line, and for that connector looking thing on the silver line, and the driver side was easy, only made a lil cut by the power steering resevor and on the rear had to make a notch for the fuel line and that was it. Didnt have to do all the other trimming like people said. Sorry for the four separate posts I'm just learning how to do the photos and I can only do one at a time for some reason
Old 06-04-2017, 11:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

One more pic
Old 06-04-2017, 11:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

Red ones
Old 06-04-2017, 11:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

Washed it
Old 06-04-2017, 11:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

And had the front bumper repained and wet sanded and buffed, had to fix all the rock chips and fill in the 4 tag holes
Old 06-04-2017, 11:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Also fixed my trunk leak, water was getting in the spare tire hole and i found where it was coming from, seemed to be a common problem for some people, so i took a water hose and let it run down the back window to see where it was coming from, ended up being the seam in the trunk jam only on the driver side right near the window, u could see a thin hairline crack in the factory seam, it was maybe 2 inches long or so, so i put a layer of black silicone over the crack and that was the fix. No more water. So i cleaned the spare tire hole out with some CLR AND A WIRE BRUSH. Then i primered it and put some flex seal stuff on it.

Last edited by Mike ctsV; 06-04-2017 at 12:27 PM.
Old 06-04-2017, 11:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

Tire wel all cleaned up and free of rust and water
Old 06-04-2017, 07:35 PM
TECH Addict

You can attach up to 10 pictures to a single post instead of posting 10 times. And if you right click and copy the link location, you can insert images full-size so people don't have to click 10 thumbnails:

Quick Reply: What did you do to your V today?