Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

OJ vs Gods Chariot, round 2...

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 02:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by adamantium
For LS cars its not as easy as that. Its alot more to do with the clutch and maximizing every bolt on. Nathan, nor hammer had/have a faceplated trans. If it were as simple as that we wouldn't be discussing the C5Z being such a shitty performer.
Hammers and Nathans car don't run close to Hio's. You know, regular trans, not hacked to death.
Old 06-19-2017, 03:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Not for nothing but if i had a c5z and i wanted to go as fast as possible id sit down and listen what HIO has to say, people get butthurt about HIO's opinion because of how they come off but he has the LS bolt on cars figured out, i think him and robz on the upper east side are the only 2 guys to do it.

Look at big hammer he's in canada and HIO helped him with his car look what it traps, look at what nathans stock manifold car trapped when i used to have my firebird, i think i remember it traping like 117 or something?
Who here is butthurt about what Hio knows and what he has figured out and done? It's obvious the dude knows his stuff and is quite talented in many things automotive. No question about that. But he's a broken record and he comes off like if every single GM owner who doesn't have the passion to mod their car's "his way" with modding "bolt-ons" first to the fullest, their car sucks ***** and isn't "right". Heaven forbid if someone mods their LS engine's cam and valvetrain before doing every single last "bolt-on" imaginable and possible.
Old 06-19-2017, 03:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

For LS cars its not as easy as that. Its alot more to do with the clutch and maximizing every bolt on. Nathan, nor hammer had/have a faceplated trans. If it were as simple as that we wouldn't be discussing the C5Z being such a shitty performer.
Yeah, that goes for any car man. Getting power from it's source to the ground in the most efficient way possible isn't a LS car specific thing. Neither is lightening weight/mass and making rotational parts rotate as easily as possible. None of it is LS car specific. Lol

Originally Posted by V8EATR
Hammers and Nathans car don't run close to Hio's. You know, regular trans, not hacked to death.
Did either of their bolt-on 5.7 LS cars come remotely close to 130mph? Hio's bolt-on car track performance put their car's to shame, no?
Old 06-19-2017, 03:42 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by R6cowboy
Yeah, that goes for any car man. Getting power from it's source to the ground in the most efficient way possible isn't a LS car specific thing. Neither is lightening weight/mass and making rotational parts rotate as easily as possible. None of it is LS car specific. Lol

Did either of their bolt-on 5.7 LS cars come remotely close to 130mph? Hio's bolt-on car track performance put their car's to shame, no?
Correct, Hammer supposedly went 121 and that is highly suspect that its even a 346 anymore and Nathans went 117 (don't know if its gone faster since).
Old 06-19-2017, 05:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

It was a 346. It is not anymore and should go low 10s now.
Old 06-19-2017, 06:02 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

To my understanding nathans car made 340 which is about 100whp less then hio and weighed a bit more thatn hios car, hammers car made 40-50 whp less then hios car had a collapsed lifter and its a fully loaded T/A it weighs alot more then hio's car. But the trans really is only for E.T and reliability, you wont gain MPH from a faceplated trans. I feel like if hammer would've went E85 and gotten lighter he could get close to HIO's MPH.

Who here is butthurt about what Hio knows and what he has figured out and done? It's obvious the dude knows his stuff and is quite talented in many things automotive. No question about that. But he's a broken record and he comes off like if every single GM owner who doesn't have the passion to mod their car's "his way" with modding "bolt-ons" first to the fullest, their car sucks ***** and isn't "right". Heaven forbid if someone mods their LS engine's cam and valvetrain before doing every single last "bolt-on" imaginable and possible.

I feel like it he only does it with good intention, im sure if anyone here has questions he will help he has in the past very down to earth guy and will help.

I agree but not many cars come with an almost 70 lb clutch assembly like the LS stuff does, and most people don't usually go as far with an LS with bolt ons cause of the massive amounts of aftermarket support. Comparing to a coyote $ and availability there is not much you can do in NA form with a coyote.
Old 06-19-2017, 06:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To my understanding nathans car made 340 which is about 100whp less then hio and weighed a bit more thatn hios car, hammers car made 40-50 whp less then hios car had a collapsed lifter and its a fully loaded T/A it weighs alot more then hio's car. But the trans really is only for E.T and reliability, you wont gain MPH from a faceplated trans. I feel like if hammer would've went E85 and gotten lighter he could get close to HIO's MPH.

I feel like it he only does it with good intention, im sure if anyone here has questions he will help he has in the past very down to earth guy and will help.

I agree but not many cars come with an almost 70 lb clutch assembly like the LS stuff does, and most people don't usually go as far with an LS with bolt ons cause of the massive amounts of aftermarket support. Comparing to a coyote $ and availability there is not much you can do in NA form with a coyote.
Hammer made close to 450whp with his max effort bolt on LS1. Hio made 417whp with his max effoetbolt on LS6. One of em lyin' lol.
Old 06-19-2017, 07:07 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NateLS1Mustang
Hammer made close to 450whp with his max effort bolt on LS1. Hio made 417whp with his max effoetbolt on LS6. One of em lyin' lol.
You're right but i know hio makes more than 417whp, but i know the only difference between both cars is weight, big hammer has full leather T/A with t-tops. I think hio has a hardtop with some light weight seats, light weight steering wheel. If theres a major difference im sure its weight. I could've sworn hio made 430-440 ish.

its been a couple years so excuse my memory.
Old 06-19-2017, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lexan windows add weight
Old 06-19-2017, 08:41 PM
Staging Lane

So we're back to saying faceplating doesn't help mph? I guess the speed of the shift doesn't matter then.
Old 06-19-2017, 09:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

So we're back to saying faceplating doesn't help mph? I guess the speed of the shift doesn't matter then.
why don't you throw out a number genius?
Old 06-19-2017, 10:18 PM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by TT427
why don't you throw out a number genius?
You're right, it slows a car down.
Old 06-20-2017, 04:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by islander033
deflection noted, throw a MPH number out like is being bitched about here. If this were about a small margin of time maybe a tenth or less, or consistency I wouldn't care but it's being inferred to be worth 7-10 mph here... Nut up and throw out a ******* number, or stfu about it. I won't hold my breath, we all know providing facts are not the Bros stronger asstributes.
Old 06-20-2017, 07:03 AM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

deflection noted, throw a MPH number out like is being bitched about here. If this were about a small margin of time maybe a tenth or less, or consistency I wouldn't care but it's being inferred to be worth 7-10 mph here... Nut up and throw out a ******* number, or stfu about it. I won't hold my breath, we all know providing facts are not the Bros stronger asstributes.
Why so angry all the time?
Old 06-20-2017, 07:20 AM
10 Second Club

Received 424 Likes on 336 Posts

Damn.....lots of crying goin on in here by the furd sissies

Tt427 threw a right cross and upper cut for the win.

Adaman hasn't been here for a while and knows more than those who have.

No surprise there is furd guys with more rhetoric bullshit.

Like every 346 is the same. One is a ls1 and one a ls6......duhhh. but both being a 346 makes them the same. This ain't furd world whete every 4.suck is a turd.
Old 06-20-2017, 07:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by islander033
really? You guys make it out like faceplating = 3 catch cans gtfoh!
Old 06-20-2017, 07:51 AM
Staging Lane

really? You guys make it out like faceplating = 3 catch cans gtfoh!
So where was it inferred the laughable 7-10mph you are claiming? There is a reason its done over and over again in drag racing, I would guess 2-3mph. Now quit your bitching.
Old 06-20-2017, 08:00 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Damn.....lots of crying goin on in here by the furd sissies

Tt427 threw a right cross and upper cut for the win.

Adaman hasn't been here for a while and knows more than those who have.

No surprise there is furd guys with more rhetoric bullshit.

Like every 346 is the same. One is a ls1 and one a ls6......duhhh. but both being a 346 makes them the same. This ain't furd world whete every 4.suck is a turd.
​​​​​​​
Old 06-20-2017, 08:12 AM
10 Second Club

Received 424 Likes on 336 Posts

Go away nate....shew fly sheww

So where was it inferred the laughable 7-10mph you are claiming? There is a reason its done over and over again in drag racing, I would guess 2-3mph. Now quit your bitching.
Lol......so you think every car in the world us gonna pick up nearly 3mph with faceplating??........lol

If your dumbass thinks that's true then you're dumber than i thought for that not being your first mod.

It was inferred by you.....duh
Old 06-20-2017, 08:58 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Go away nate....shew fly sheww

Lol......so you think every car in the world us gonna pick up nearly 3mph with faceplating??........lol

If your dumbass thinks that's true then you're dumber than i thought for that not being your first mod.

It was inferred by you.....duh
Can't argue with a retard, you will beat me with experience. I put e85 in my car for reliability against knock, doesn't make it any faster. I don't count it as a mod.

Quick Reply: OJ vs Gods Chariot, round 2...