TECH Fanatic

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Thank you! Appreciate it
Old 09-28-2017, 07:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cwarta
Thanks Rk, I can't wait either! I gotta hurry, it's cooling off here :/
Oh hell ya its cooling off!!! FINALLY!!!! Its been burning hot round here last week and a half! So much so they closed schools and other stuff like that!!! Now, today, it was a 20deg drop from yesterday and its actually almost cold!! The temps on the planet are all f'd up!! LOL!!! So id did work on my car today myself.

You bringing the subject tough, has me wondering.... since you already mentionned your limitations on "location", so, what are the plans for winter??

Are you planning to get a garage or maybe heat the container somehow? That would be cool!!! Or are you just shooting to get it all done b4 winter?

And btw.... now you have me worriying about my rel wheel too!!! So i'll tack it on when i get there. Thanks for the input.

Lead.
Old 09-28-2017, 09:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hellsx
Oh hell ya its cooling off!!! FINALLY!!!! Its been burning hot round here last week and a half! So much so they closed schools and other stuff like that!!! Now, today, it was a 20deg drop from yesterday and its actually almost cold!! The temps on the planet are all f'd up!! LOL!!! So id did work on my car today myself.

You bringing the subject tough, has me wondering.... since you already mentionned your limitations on "location", so, what are the plans for winter??

Are you planning to get a garage or maybe heat the container somehow? That would be cool!!! Or are you just shooting to get it all done b4 winter?

And btw.... now you have me worriying about my rel wheel too!!! So i'll tack it on when i get there. Thanks for the input.

Lead.
I'm a bit of a redneck, i work on the car on decent days, lay a tarp down in the snow and work.

Last winter I got sick of it, took my tig welder outside and layed in the snow and tigged my hotside together, then took it all in the house and tigged the whole thing.

Funny that you mention it, I've been saving up for weeks, just about have enough money to pour my 25x28 pad for the enclosed car port I bought off Craigslist. So as long as work keeps up I'll have a decent garage this winter.

I donhave ave a wood burner in my 48' semi trailer, unfortunately the aluminum trailer sheds heat incredibly fast :/ lol

i got my axle engagement spline issue sorted out tonight, and powdercoated my brake brackets!
Old 10-02-2017, 12:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Calipers powdercoated and the brackets coated, now lines.
Old 10-02-2017, 01:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

1 step forward 3 steps back..... mounted my calipers and brackets after powdercoating it all. My rotors hub was too small for my axle hub.. 10 minutes with the die grinder fixed that. Bolt it all up. My freaking caliper is hitting my wheel. Horribly. So bad the wheel can't even get on the studs to try and put it on. So I took the brackets off. Redrilled them and moved the caliper in towards the axle almost a 1/4 inch. Now it's just barellllly touching. So I attacked it with the grinder and ruined my nice powdercoat. Now I've got like . 1/16 of an inch of clearance. Grrrrrrr.
Old 10-02-2017, 05:39 PM
On The Tree

mounted my calipers and brackets "AFTER" powdercoating it all.

There's your problem right there.

Sorry it happend tough, but it happens to all of us LOL!!!

So dont sweat it to much!!

Lead.
Old 10-02-2017, 08:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

There's your problem right there.

Sorry it happend tough, but it happens to all of us LOL!!!

So dont sweat it to much!!

Lead.
i thought it was fixed, I guess not. I'm just going to order some rotors and hats with 3" bs and be done with it
Old 10-16-2017, 08:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm a bit of a redneck, i work on the car on decent days, lay a tarp down in the snow and work.

Last winter I got sick of it, took my tig welder outside and layed in the snow and tigged my hotside together, then took it all in the house and tigged the whole thing.

Funny that you mention it, I've been saving up for weeks, just about have enough money to pour my 25x28 pad for the enclosed car port I bought off Craigslist. So as long as work keeps up I'll have a decent garage this winter.

I donhave ave a wood burner in my 48' semi trailer, unfortunately the aluminum trailer sheds heat incredibly fast :/ lol

i got my axle engagement spline issue sorted out tonight, and powdercoated my brake brackets!

well I've got this party started, not working outside this winter.
Old 10-17-2017, 07:42 AM
On The Tree

That looks good!!!

So whats the plan? And what time does snow gen kick in in your neck of the woods??

Im shutting down everythingdown these last few days. I gen aim to have everything closed down on Oct 15th but this summer seemed to be all f'd up!! We were seeing 29 degrees still yesterday!!! And now, this morning, i just went out and there is ife on top of cars..... go figure!! Im almost done but ill hurry up a bit and get done with all that ****. Then ill be free to work on the car all the time!!

I did start on my cage pretty seriously!! Main and top hoops are tacked in!

Get us more pics of that pad and maybe get some walls up!!?

Lead.
Old 10-17-2017, 08:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

That looks good!!!

So whats the plan? And what time does snow gen kick in in your neck of the woods??

Im shutting down everythingdown these last few days. I gen aim to have everything closed down on Oct 15th but this summer seemed to be all f'd up!! We were seeing 29 degrees still yesterday!!! And now, this morning, i just went out and there is ife on top of cars..... go figure!! Im almost done but ill hurry up a bit and get done with all that ****. Then ill be free to work on the car all the time!!

I did start on my cage pretty seriously!! Main and top hoops are tacked in!

Get us more pics of that pad and maybe get some walls up!!?

Lead.
haha! More time is always good! It's cooling off pretty quick, started freezing in the mornings now. I've got the north and south walls up, and the center support built. Now it's time to put the roof on! Poured the mad myself Using a homemade screed. It's not perfect but it's flat and dry! Snow will be getting to us soon, and I am not looking forward to it.
Old 10-19-2017, 10:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Here's a progress picture haha
Old 10-20-2017, 11:21 AM
On The Tree

Man, what are you using to build the structure/skeleton?? Looking at the top front and back "beams" they seem to be doing the wave dance!?! No? What are the plans for door/s etc?

Its moving ahead!!

Lead.
Old 10-30-2017, 08:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

well here is the finished garage. 28x25 and the additional room. Walk around tour of it. Time to get back to the fun stuff !

https://youtu.be/ccyjkg6QJB4
Old 10-31-2017, 07:09 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 240 Likes on 167 Posts

You got that up pretty quick-did you take in consideration snow weight on the roof, stuff gets pretty heavy, even on a pitched roof.
Old 10-31-2017, 09:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by forcd ind
You got that up pretty quick-did you take in consideration snow weight on the roof, stuff gets pretty heavy, even on a pitched roof.
yea, that was heavily on my mind the entire process. All the cross beams are 2 1/2 by 1/4 wall tubing, then the center support is heavily built and braced. This winter I'm going to put a post under the center support and leave like a 1/2 gap and monitor it, see if the roof sags at all with weight on it.

Took me about 3 weeks by myself
Old 11-10-2017, 11:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

After building my new garage I finally got a chance to work on the car again. New forged engine in, trans in, downpipe wrapped until it transitions to aluminum, th400 fittings switched over to 8an, gto rack install finished up, etc. feels good to put some work in on it.

Old 11-11-2017, 12:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Great work. Really enjoying the build
Old 11-11-2017, 12:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MY_2K_Z
Great work. Really enjoying the build
thanks man! I’ve got two of these to get done for some f body’s and then it’s game on until it’s done
Old 11-12-2017, 05:41 AM
On The Tree

Looking good my man!!!

Wish id make as much progress.

Keep posting up!

Love the progress.

Lead.
Old 11-12-2017, 07:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looking good my man!!!

Wish id make as much progress.

Keep posting up!

Love the progress.

Lead.

thanks man! Not much to report today, was busy with an f body, but I did make good use of a 60e dipstick! Built my turbo drain, 12an. Wasn’t paying $60-80 for a block of aluminum

Quick Reply: Project Nova - The quest for 1000hp VS s480 l33 347