TECH Fanatic

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts

Run stiffer springs, done
Old 10-27-2017, 02:02 PM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by dojob

EDIT:
The LCAs in the above link are Mustang LCAs with offset LCAs.......they have the wrong picture in there for that product. They should update it with LCAs with regular non-offset sleeves in there.

....I just got done emailing back and forth aqain with FOUNDERS. They do not make offset LCAs. They only make regular LCAs. They said I need to order these (SKU 23962B are black LCAs....23962R are red LCAs)....but FOUNDERS does not make offset sleeves.

You then must purchase offset sleeve inserts from UMI. And swap out the sleeves.
https://outlook.live.com/owa/?realm=.../mail/inbox/rp

__________________________________________________ __________
Thats them......they used to have the SKU 2396.....(without the letter B). If you ordered them online, you would get a set of Mustang Offset LCAs.

Looks like they fixed it.

Thanks.....I just emailed them to verify, then I'll order them.

Last edited by LS6427; 10-27-2017 at 04:05 PM.
Old 10-27-2017, 02:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by landstuhltaylor
Run stiffer springs, done
Stiffer springs....for what....me....? That won't help with clearance on the inner side of the wheel.....

Old 10-27-2017, 04:07 PM
Banned

Founders LCAs.....they do not make offset LCAs......

Here's the deal:

....I just got done emailing back and forth aqain with FOUNDERS. They do not make offset LCAs. They only make regular LCAs. They said I need to order these (SKU 23962B are black LCAs....23962R are red LCAs)....but FOUNDERS does not make offset sleeves.
https://www.foundersperformance.com/...ware=no-thanks

You then must purchase offset sleeve inserts from UMI. And swap out the sleeves.

Old 10-27-2017, 09:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 119 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by LS6427
Founders LCAs.....they do not make offset LCAs......

Here's the deal:

https://www.foundersperformance.com/...ware=no-thanks

LOL. When I contacted them through ebay they told me the same thing, then they replied again half a day later and said, we have them. They sent me the LCA's with offset sleeves.. they sleeves are aluminum though not steel. I've wondered if they'll hold up OK. I'll get a pic of them on the car
Old 10-27-2017, 09:48 PM
11 Second Club

Old 10-28-2017, 07:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Launch
LOL. When I contacted them through ebay they told me the same thing, then they replied again half a day later and said, we have them. They sent me the LCA's with offset sleeves.. they sleeves are aluminum though not steel. I've wondered if they'll hold up OK. I'll get a pic of them on the car
Ok...maybe they gave you a set of FOUNDERS LCAs that they were experimenting with, using the new UMI offset "aluminum" inserts.

Interesting.....

I'm wondering about the aluminum offset UMI inserts also. FOUNDERS LCAs with UMI offset inserts will cost $145.00, but aluminum inserts.

These cost $219.00 from Sphone but its all CNC steel offset inserts.
https://www.spohn.net/shop/1998-2002...t-Spacers.html

Old 10-28-2017, 07:48 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Launch
Looks like can still be moved inward about 1/4" more if the sleeve was made that way.

Damn, you do have a LOT of space between your tires now. Have you measured how much space you have using your 315's......? What offset is your rims....?

Looks like that offset spacer only moves the LCA inward like 1/4"....right?

Old 10-28-2017, 10:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

EDIT:
The LCAs in the above link are Mustang LCAs with offset LCAs.......they have the wrong picture in there for that product. They should update it with LCAs with regular non-offset sleeves in there.

__________________________________________________ __________
Thats them......they used to have the SKU 2396.....(without the letter B). If you ordered them online, you would get a set of Mustang Offset LCAs.

Looks like they fixed it.

Thanks.....I just emailed them to verify, then I'll order them.

Great. Buy the arms I posted. Then buy UMI's spacers. DONE
Old 10-28-2017, 11:59 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by dojob
Great. Buy the arms I posted. Then buy UMI's spacers. DONE
Yup...its either that....or buy the Sphone offset LCAs, they have CNC steel inserts instead of the aluminum that UMI uses.

But I'm thinking aluminum should last an extremely long time as they are just spacers.....the real stress is on the steel mounting bolt.

Old 10-28-2017, 12:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i'd say you're safe. i have variations of the umi aluminum spacers on my car. they're holding up fine
Old 10-28-2017, 07:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

With all this rear engineering, anything that can be done to fit a >315 under the front fender for a square setup?
Old 10-28-2017, 07:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Stiffer springs....for what....me....? That won't help with clearance on the inner side of the wheel.....

With enough rear spring inner clearance doesn't matter...

Originally Posted by JimMueller
With all this rear engineering, anything that can be done to fit a >315 under the front fender for a square setup?
The front fenders are plastic. Anything will fit if you let it rub long enough My car is not the only one running 335s on stock fenders, although I have since modified them.

Last edited by landstuhltaylor; 10-28-2017 at 08:00 PM.
Old 10-28-2017, 08:21 PM
Banned

With enough rear spring inner clearance doesn't matter...
I'm not talking about the inner wheel well walls that the tire will rub against in a hard turn.....that can just be hammered inward....
A 335 tire using a 18 x 12.5 rim.....will not work because of the bump stop mount, LCA and the 3 metal ridges that stick outward towards the tire that are right above the bump stop mount.

Springs have nothing to do with that issue.....

Old 10-28-2017, 09:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

The front fenders are plastic. Anything will fit if you let it rub long enough My car is not the only one running 335s on stock fenders, although I have since modified them.
That angle looks fine, but the video of the RR tire at Nat's show how much it's moving. I think you said it's sticking out ~35mm? I would want mine flush with the fender while parked or not do it at all.
Old 10-29-2017, 12:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm not talking about the inner wheel well walls that the tire will rub against in a hard turn.....that can just be hammered inward....
A 335 tire using a 18 x 12.5 rim.....will not work because of the bump stop mount, LCA and the 3 metal ridges that stick outward towards the tire that are right above the bump stop mount.

Springs have nothing to do with that issue.....

Yes they do. Move the wheel out, run a stiff enough spring to prevent fender contact. Or do it the hard way.

Originally Posted by JimMueller
That angle looks fine, but the video of the RR tire at Nat's show how much it's moving. I think you said it's sticking out ~35mm? I would want mine flush with the fender while parked or not do it at all.
That video was before Nats. Darden is running 17x12s on softer springs than me and hasn't had to touch his fenders. All about getting the ride height and spring rate in the right spot. I am lower so I have more issues. Also 17s move laterally more which helps them clear the outer fender.
Old 10-29-2017, 06:44 AM
Banned

Yes they do. Move the wheel out, run a stiff enough spring to prevent fender contact. Or do it the hard way.
You mean move the tires/rim outward with spacers? That would look pretty bad, I would have to move them outward about 2 inches.....It would look like a ricer.....

I don't rub my inner wheel well TUB....as in above and the side of the top tire area. I have NO rubbing at all. I can hit a huge bump in the road and nothing rubs anywhere. The ONLY place I need clearance is directly inward towards the center of the car.....LCA and those ridges and bump stop mount are in the way of me pushing the rim onto my studs.

Right now with my 18 x 10.5 rims, and 315 tires, the rim/tire are in the exact perfect spot and line up exactly with the outer fender lip. Factory look.

I want to keep that. With offset LCAs and cutting out the bump stop and those 3 ridges, and welding in a flat steel plate, will give me the extra 2 inches of clearance on the inside that I need so I do not need spacers. So it will keep that nice alignment with the outside. My springs are very stiff as is....LG Super Springs. I can push all my body weight down on a rear fender and the car does not budge......But its just a street car, thats plenty stiff, no road course competitions.....

This guy below did what I am going to do....works perfectly. Only takes a couple hours to cut and weld both sides. Not really the hard way. Its just "another" way. For cars that were not designed for 335s on the rear.....a few hours in total to get it how I want is nothing.

Attached Thumbnails Who has 335 tires on the back....?-ridges.ground.down.jpg   Who has 335 tires on the back....?-ridges.cut.away.steel.plate.2.jpg   Who has 335 tires on the back....?-ridges.cut.away.steel.plate.jpg  
Old 10-29-2017, 07:42 PM
11 Second Club

^ that's what im doing next. I also think I finally figured out an easy way to replace the bump stops, use rear shocks that have no outer sleeve on the top half of the shock, and run these style of bump stop over the shock absorber shaft...

(just an example pic, not a 4th gen..)
Old 10-29-2017, 09:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

You mean move the tires/rim outward with spacers? That would look pretty bad, I would have to move them outward about 2 inches.....It would look like a ricer.....
I stopped reading here. Can't take anyone seriously who uses that term, and fast is fast. I'll keep the "ricer" look and laugh at all the weenies that are slower.
Old 10-30-2017, 07:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I stopped reading here. Can't take anyone seriously who uses that term, and fast is fast. I'll keep the "ricer" look and laugh at all the weenies that are slower.
He's not racing the car competitively... it's a 1000hp toy/fun car

Quick Reply: Who has 335 tires on the back....?