Convertible Vehicles Enthusiasts | Information | Maintenance

Convert Top issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2018, 10:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Convert Top issues

Does anyone know what has happened to my beloved SIX. Had this on my daughters V6 but some kid broke the window before we could figure it out.

Thanks,

Attached Thumbnails Convert Top issues-convert-top.jpg  
Old 01-30-2018, 11:01 AM
TECH Addict

Received 232 Likes on 184 Posts

Looks like the headliner somehow got caught and pulled in between the window and top. Never seen that happen before.

BTW, it appears that the rubber weather strip on the deck lid is not installed properly. There should be a "L" bracket that it snaps to under the front lip of the deck lid. When I had mine replaced under warranty when new (it was split), the dealer installed it just like its shown in your picture. I had to re-install it properly myself.
Old 01-30-2018, 02:04 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by JohnnyBs98WS6Rag
Looks like the headliner somehow got caught and pulled in between the window and top. Never seen that happen before.

BTW, it appears that the rubber weather strip on the deck lid is not installed properly. There should be a "L" bracket that it snaps to under the front lip of the deck lid. When I had mine replaced under warranty when new (it was split), the dealer installed it just like its shown in your picture. I had to re-install it properly myself.
Thank for the info, any idea how or whom I can ask to fix this?
Old 01-31-2018, 08:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 538 Likes on 385 Posts

A professional body shop (familiar with 'verts and probably easy to find in FL) is always the best way to go without the work looking 'wrong'. Yeah, it's never cheap but the alternative can be shoddy results that you see over and over again. Good luck!
Old 02-02-2018, 08:50 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NC01TA
A professional body shop (familiar with 'verts and probably easy to find in FL) is always the best way to go without the work looking 'wrong'. Yeah, it's never cheap but the alternative can be shoddy results that you see over and over again. Good luck!
Sadly none of the body shops in my county touch Conv't Tops. Apparently, only a few selected Upholstery shops, work on them. My best bet some to head to East Orlando which is 90 minutes IF no traffic. Why I am trying to temp fix it, till I can replace it next summer.

Quick Reply: Convert Top issues