Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

L9H/L92 to T56 - ECU/Wiring harness Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 02:49 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default L9H/L92 to T56 - ECU/Wiring harness Question

Hey guys,

I've got an L9H getting ready to be swapped into a first gen Camaro. I also have the wiring harness and ECU from the 2009 Denali. The intake will be swapped to an LS3 for flow reasons. The cam and springs will be swapped as well but I will be keeping the VVT.

My problem is ECU related. The L9H was not offered with a manual. Normally I would just flash the ECU with the tables from a manual Camaro or Corvette and use those, but since I want to keep the VVT, I don't know what to do. Should I try to remove the Automatic parts from the current tune or should I take an LS3 tune and enable VVT?

Also on a related note, how do I adapt the auto wiring harness to a T56? I know I will need to remove some of these wires and add reverse lock-out and lights.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:33 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there should really be no transmission wires going to the ecm, you will have to add the t56 wires, i just converted a truck harness to be used in my 95 camaro, i ordered the pins on moser and made the transmission portion of the harness and pinned it in.

all the auto transmission wires should go to the trans computer.

mine was a e38 computer, t56, vette pedal, gold tb, and truck maf..

used the camaro tune but i killed vvt as it wont fit under my accys.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The VVT tables are there in the program. They just aren't activated. Easy enough for a programer to activate the VVT and download the tables.
Old 05-11-2024, 09:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Famine67
Hey guys,

I've got an L9H getting ready to be swapped into a first gen Camaro. I also have the wiring harness and ECU from the 2009 Denali. The intake will be swapped to an LS3 for flow reasons. The cam and springs will be swapped as well but I will be keeping the VVT.

My problem is ECU related. The L9H was not offered with a manual. Normally I would just flash the ECU with the tables from a manual Camaro or Corvette and use those, but since I want to keep the VVT, I don't know what to do. Should I try to remove the Automatic parts from the current tune or should I take an LS3 tune and enable VVT?

Also on a related note, how do I adapt the auto wiring harness to a T56? I know I will need to remove some of these wires and add reverse lock-out and lights.
I was looking for info on this topic…how did you mod your harness? What inputs are required? How does it work?
thanks

Quick Reply: L9H/L92 to T56 - ECU/Wiring harness Question