Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

What Heads/ cam package would You buy?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2016, 01:04 PM
FormerVendor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The Fast As Cast 220's are Awesome heads and you end up with a thick deck head.

If you ever decide to nitrous or boosted down the road they also make awesome heads for that.

These heads will include the Nitrous exhaust port valve, Powder Metal guides, Ferrea intake and exhaust valve, hand blended valve job, assembled and deburr'd, and shipped for $2174.
Old 09-16-2016, 10:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I decided that the extra 30-50hp isnt worth it to me for the $ I'm going to stick with the 243's and go cam only.
Originally Posted by Brian Tooley
The Fast As Cast 220's are Awesome heads and you end up with a thick deck head.

If you ever decide to nitrous or boosted down the road they also make awesome heads for that.

These heads will include the Nitrous exhaust port valve, Powder Metal guides, Ferrea intake and exhaust valve, hand blended valve job, assembled and deburr'd, and shipped for $2174.

Last edited by pyro719; 09-17-2016 at 12:49 AM.
Old 09-17-2016, 12:34 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by pyro719
I don't like what I've read out of the tsp stuff, seems like they are down on power compared to all the others. That mast setup would be badass but is a bit out of my price range. I like 500hp that drives like a caddy haha
Where have you seen that? Will TSP/PRC make MAST power, probably not but they are $2k less.

Originally Posted by 03EBZ06
Send current heads to Frankenstein. I also like the MAST heads...in your case maybe 245cc LS1 style.
My car made less power (40 rwhp) with FRH heads than it did with TSP heads.
Old 09-17-2016, 06:00 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by pyro719
what do You guys think about ls3 heads and intake with a custom cam?
I have a new set of LS3 heads ready to go on my car in about a week. I had them worked over with the full cnc program at Advanced Induction, thanks to Phil. Along with the heads I had Pat G spec a cam and had Rick Crawford do his thing with the LS3 intake. Plus bought some parts from Brian Tooley.
Old 09-17-2016, 09:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

That's should Run good I maY still send My heads to AI
Originally Posted by JimmyGTO
I have a new set of LS3 heads ready to go on my car in about a week. I had them worked over with the full cnc program at Advanced Induction, thanks to Phil. Along with the heads I had Pat G spec a cam and had Rick Crawford do his thing with the LS3 intake. Plus bought some parts from Brian Tooley.
Old 09-18-2016, 11:41 AM
On The Tree

Kevin, my son sent his G8 heads to AI, had the 280cc cnc program done and his car hauls a**. Plus Phil@ Advanced Inductions is great guy to work with.

Last edited by JimmyGTO; 09-18-2016 at 11:47 AM.
Old 09-19-2016, 12:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Couldn't help myself lol ordered the tfs 220 and stage 2 cam From Btr. This Cadillac should roll the f out!
Old 09-19-2016, 09:04 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Millenium Z06
Where have you seen that? Will TSP/PRC make MAST power, probably not but they are $2k less.

My car made less power (40 rwhp) with FRH heads than it did with TSP heads.

Millenium Z06,

The heads you brought to us were TSP Heads. The ONLY work we performed on the heads you brought us from TSP; was a valve job and bowl blending. NO milling of the heads as you were unsure of the integrity of the head after milling.

When the car did not make the power you were expecting, you then went back to TSP, ordered a NEW set of heads. You then contacted Quality Motorsports to have the NEW heads worked. Quality Motorsports and I had a conversation as to what the heads needed. We told them we felt the heads needed to be milled to gain compression. Once milled for compression by Quality Motorsports, the power you wanted was now there AFTER.

The issue wasn't our head work. The issue was the customer (you) originally not wanting us to mill the heads.

You've "mentioned" us multiple times about THIS exact issue. It's just the same ol' song and dance.

If you feel the above is incorrect, contact us and we'd be happy to try and straighten it out with you Millenium Z06!

But we can tell YOU and EVERYONE else this. We back ANY product that leaves this shop, and put it up against ANYONE in the game.
Old 09-19-2016, 12:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Frankenstein

When the car did not make the power you were expecting, you then went back to TSP, ordered a NEW set of heads. You then contacted Quality Motorsports to have the NEW heads worked
. Quality Motorsports and I had a conversation as to what the heads needed...
wow, thats more $ than a set of good heads.
Old 09-22-2016, 11:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

I've ordered all the parts just waiting on them to start rolling in. TFS as cast 220's worked over By Brian Tooley racing milled to 62cc for 11.5/1 compression, BTR stage 2 cam, ls7 lifters, 7.475 pushrods and a fast 102 lsxr. Should roll out pretty well Cant wait to get this thing back together. I'll be dynoing it and taking it to the track on Halloween. I''l post up the results
Old 09-24-2016, 09:22 PM
Launching!

Millenium Z06,

The heads you brought to us were TSP Heads. The ONLY work we performed on the heads you brought us from TSP; was a valve job and bowl blending. NO milling of the heads as you were unsure of the integrity of the head after milling.

When the car did not make the power you were expecting, you then went back to TSP, ordered a NEW set of heads. You then contacted Quality Motorsports to have the NEW heads worked. Quality Motorsports and I had a conversation as to what the heads needed. We told them we felt the heads needed to be milled to gain compression. Once milled for compression by Quality Motorsports, the power you wanted was now there AFTER.

The issue wasn't our head work. The issue was the customer (you) originally not wanting us to mill the heads.

You've "mentioned" us multiple times about THIS exact issue. It's just the same ol' song and dance.

If you feel the above is incorrect, contact us and we'd be happy to try and straighten it out with you Millenium Z06!

But we can tell YOU and EVERYONE else this. We back ANY product that leaves this shop, and put it up against ANYONE in the game.
Since you want to engage me again, the heads on my car now are stock untouched PRC 285s and with no other changes and the car picked up 40 rwhp EVERYWHERE vs your work which was a full hand port (although seems more like a hand job looking back) job as you didnt have a CnC program, Keep in mind before you continue this lie, I still have you emails stating exactly what you did.

Secondly, you stated the reason my car made less than I expected is that "you spoke with a GM engineer who told you the C5 drive line isn't as efficient as the C6 and that's why the C6 Z06's made more power than I did", yeah, thats completely believable.

I was going to leave you alone and just post to the op but we're past that now. Your heads suck. No car that has your heads has produced a dyno or track times and the people who do have your heads seem to move to something shortly after finishing or even before they start.

Say I'm just disgruntled, ok. Let's look at Corvette Forum where people have been less receptive to you and flat-out called you a fraud:

Originally Posted by Unreal
Amazing that car still made over 600, which means it would be crazy with some decent heads. The FRH heads knock like crazy and won't take any timing. Complete junk IMO.

Originally Posted by Joe@CPR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePbAvi83xKA
This one had heads on it already and are a factor for the lower numbers than normal. We do not recommend frankenstein heads here at cpr.

https://www.facebook.com/Cordesperformanceracing/

http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/...ing-heads.html

http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/...y&p=1592731580

I can go on but I'll stop there, there's PLENTY more stories. one other thing Your heads in black, untouched PRC ins Red. Same cam, same exhaust, same everything other than TSP installing Trick Ti valves rather than the other brand of Ti valves they use, both heads were milled by TSP before shipping, same compression.

Keep talking, I didnt go into your thread ***Frankenstein Racing Heads Pumping Out The Goods*** and post 18 new suckers did I? I left you alone; you should have done the same.

Last edited by Millenium Z06; 09-24-2016 at 09:56 PM.
Old 09-24-2016, 09:51 PM
Launching!

Millenium Z06,

Oh yeah, 3 other cars with your heads also under-performed but looking at comments from FRH owners on CF, thats the norm. But its a customer "issue".

Another "customer" issue

http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/...r-i-did-4.html

http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/...ing-heads.html

The John Hennessy of Heads.... keep talking though

Last edited by Millenium Z06; 09-24-2016 at 09:59 PM.
Old 09-24-2016, 10:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shots fired
Old 09-25-2016, 03:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 63 Likes on 55 Posts

Hopefully this will resume as information rather than a pissing contest.
Old 09-25-2016, 03:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 130 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by 007FJ
Hopefully this will resume as information rather than a pissing contest.
Agreed.

KW
Old 09-25-2016, 06:24 PM
Launching!

Never was a pissing contest, just passing along what did and didnt work for me. Honestly, Id have liked to know that information and Im sure it would or will help someone
Old 09-25-2016, 06:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

Those TFS220's touched up by BTR should be just what the doctor ordered. Keep us posted on the results.
Old 09-26-2016, 09:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yessir! Any Guesses on what it will make? I received all the parts from BTR for the swap except the heads in 4 days. Which was awesome! I guess the heads take 4 weeks due to the hand work that is performed on them which I am fine with. Good things come to those who wait right All of the parts I received looked killer right down to their custom packaging. This is the first time I've used BTR and so far I am very impressed with their attention to detail.
Originally Posted by DavidBoren
Those TFS220's touched up by BTR should be just what the doctor ordered. Keep us posted on the results.

Quick Reply: What Heads/ cam package would You buy?