Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street fire ignition coils issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2018, 06:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Street fire ignition coils issue

Hey everyone hows it going, I currently installed new coil packs on my 99 T/A. They are Street Fire coils part number 55088 purchased from summit racing, after installing them, I now have a code PO107 and a TCS off light on my dash. Prior to installing the new coils my TCS stayed on all the time. I disconected my battery and cleared all the codes but they keep coming back. I was wondering if any one else has had this issue with they're car. I still have the stock coils and to my knowledge were ok other than being 19 years old. I paid a bunch of money for the new coils so hopefully I can continue to use them. Thank you for your help. Kevin Mc.
Old 10-21-2018, 11:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 176 Posts

code 107 has nothing to do with the coils

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...-me-p0107.html

a truck coil upgrade would have been cheaper.....and IMO better than those coils

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...l-upgrade.html

and if you did not replace your wires too ( and hopefully plugs too ) .....you really wasted the coil upgrade....i prefer the granettellis myself......but most use MSDs
Old 10-22-2018, 04:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Send them back to Summit. The OE coils work fine and do not cause spark blow out even with FI motors. I'll give you an example. Recently, I changed the plugs on my car. I use dieelectric grease so the connections get slippery. You have to use the right twist or the plug wire will slip off. Two days after changing the plugs, I started the motor after leaving a store and it was missing. I also heard a ticking sound somewhat like a lifter.

I had a cam go flat earlier this year and thought to myself, oh no not again. When I opened the hood, I noticed the no.1 plug wire slipped off. The ticking sound came from the spark arcing out of the coil and jumping to the coil bracket. Do I need to say more? The OE coils are more than enough.
Old 10-22-2018, 04:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The stock coils are some of the best out there, if they are working take the street **** back to Summit.