Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help me with P0107

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 01:49 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Please help me with P0107

**I have no scan software**

Well, after some research on here the past few weeks, I've determined a P0107 code to be voltage related, and not a reading. I've also learned that the MAP is pin 36 in the PCM, correct?

I started a thread a while back here, https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...new-issue.html

I'm a complete NOOB when it comes to anything electrical, and I admit, I have no volt meter. I need to buy one, a CHEAP one. This is where I need help guys.

What setting do I put the volt meter on?
What do I probe? The connection, or the MAP itself?
What reading am I looking for for a good reading and a bad reading?
Do I turn the car on or do I leave it off?

I'm ******* frustrated with this ****. I don't want to buy a new MAP if it isn't the issue, as a LOT of the other threads stated. It's voltage related. I must have a break or something somewhere, I'd imagine. MAP sensor worked perfectly for the LS6 and the FAST 78. It's not like I threw it against the wall in a Coors Light fueled rage.

I've read something about 4.5 volts or 5 volts? Maybe that was bump stop mod / tps related.....

Any advice or a step by step for dummies on how to use a volt meter would be great. Last time I used one, I was 12 in my dads shop, and thought it was cool that the needle moved when you touched the 2 probes together.....
Old 07-05-2012, 01:57 AM
The Scammer Hammer

"Via DeeGee on CorvetteForum"

DTC P0107
Circuit Description

The manifold absolute pressure (MAP) sensor responds to pressure changes in the intake manifold. The pressure changes occur based on the engine load. The MAP sensor has a 5-volt reference circuit, a low reference circuit, and a signal circuit. The powertrain control module (PCM) supplies 5 volts to the MAP sensor on the 5-volt reference circuit. The PCM also provides a ground on the low reference circuit. The MAP sensor provides a signal to the PCM on the signal circuit which is relative to the pressure changes in the manifold. The PCM should detect a low signal voltage at a low MAP, such as during an idle or a deceleration. The PCM should detect a high signal voltage at a high MAP, such as when the ignition is ON, with the engine OFF, or at a wide-open throttle (WOT). Certain vehicle models will also use the MAP sensor in order to determine the barometric pressure (BARO). This occurs when the ignition switch is turned ON, with the engine OFF. The BARO reading may also be updated whenever the engine is operated at WOT. The PCM monitors the MAP sensor signal for voltage outside the normal range. If the PCM detects a MAP sensor signal voltage that is excessively low, this DTC will set.
Conditions for Running the DTC

The engine is running.
DTCs P1120, P1125, P1220, P1221, P1275, P1276, P1280, P1281, P1285, P1286, P1514, P1515, P1516, P1517, or P1518 are not set.
The throttle angle is 0 percent if engine speed is less than 800 RPM. OR the throttle angle is more than 12.5 percent if the engine speed is more than 800 RPM.

Conditions for Setting the DTC

The MAP sensor voltage is less than 0.10 volt for more than 4 seconds.

Action Taken When the DTC Sets

The control module illuminates the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) on the second consecutive ignition cycle that the diagnostic runs and fails.
The control module records the operating conditions at the time the diagnostic fails. The first time the diagnostic fails, the control module stores this information in the Failure Records. If the diagnostic reports a failure on the second consecutive ignition cycle, the control module records the operating conditions at the time of the failure. The control module writes the operating conditions to the Freeze Frame and updates the Failure Records.

Conditions for Clearing the MIL/DTC

The control module turns OFF the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) after 3 consecutive ignition cycles that the diagnostic runs and does not fail.
A current DTC, Last Test Failed, clears when the diagnostic runs and passes.
A history DTC clears after 40 consecutive warm-up cycles, if no failures are reported by this or any other emission related diagnostic.
Clear the MIL and the DTC with a scan tool.

Diagnostic Aids

Inspect the MAP sensor vacuum source for leaks, restrictions, or faulty connections.
If an intermittent condition exists, refer to Intermittent Conditions .

Test Description

The numbers below refer to the step numbers on the diagnostic table.

The MAP sensor 5-volt reference circuit is shared with other sensors. If DTC P1635 is set, this indicates that the 5-volt reference circuit is either shorted to ground or shorted to voltage, and should be diagnosed first. The short may be on another sensor 5-volt reference circuit.

Operate the vehicle within the same conditions in which the DTC failed. If you cannot duplicate the DTC, the information included in the Freeze Frame/Failure Records can aid in locating an intermittent condition.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:58 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Good info right there.... now how do I use it?
Old 07-05-2012, 06:22 PM
The Scammer Hammer

I thought one please would be enough in the title of the thread....

I just need to know "how" to check for continuity with the wires and what I'm looking for to determine power, and what wires should read what.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Attached is some more info that may help - it is more specific about what to test.

The circuit is fairly simple (see diagram). It only involves the PCM and the sensor and a single low volt reference wire.

http://www.ladyada.net/learn/multimeter/
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
DTC P0107.pdf (141.0 KB, 497 views)
File Type: pdf
Manifold Pressure.pdf (93.5 KB, 1613 views)

Last edited by Darkman; 07-05-2012 at 07:37 PM.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:01 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Yes.

That's exactly what I needed Darkman. Thanks A LOT!!
Old 07-05-2012, 08:27 PM
The Scammer Hammer

I guess if all checks out with the electrical connections, I'll be able to deduce it's just a bad MAP. Also, I check these pins with the MAP disconnected, right? Or should I backprobe with the MAP plugged in?
Old 07-05-2012, 08:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes. You disconnect the MAP and test the 5 volt reference pin (see diagram) and a good ground. Ignition on, engine off.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:51 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Just wanted to update and show some thanks to those that helped-

Upon further inspection, my middle wire, the light green 5v reference was toasted right inside the connector. Just a slight pull an it came right off.

Ordered a new MAP pigtail on Friday. Online- AFTER I laughed at the local dealerships price.

Thanks again for the insight, Darkman.

Quick Reply: Please help me with P0107