PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

PCM : VIN / MAKE / MODEL / YEAR swap.. ???

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2019, 07:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Arrow PCM : VIN / MAKE / MODEL / YEAR swap.. ???

Long story short...
... My PCM was from either a 01 or an 02 Camaro. I'm not 100% sure which. I have a 00 T/A. I need the VIN, MAKE, YEAR & MODEL swapped in order to smog it in CA.
HP Tuners, Tech 2, EFIlive..??? Which is best and how much should I expect to pay (rouphly) to have someone do it?

Advice would be greatly appreciated
Old 05-14-2019, 08:07 PM
FormerVendor

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

In order to keep your current tune you cant use a tech 2 and possibly not hpt or efi live. We charge $75 including return shipping to do but dont use any methods listed and it doesnt change your tune any, We have seen issues in some states where if the VIN doesnt the match the OS in the tune they wont pass it either.
Old 05-23-2019, 07:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Efi live can do all the above. I do it all the time even if u buy a new ecm that is blank. U will be able to keep your tune. U can put what ever Vin you want in. I put my 98 vin in a 0411 ecm
Old 05-23-2019, 07:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

U can't beat $75.00 from lsx tuning, efilive is $125.00 to license ECM
Old 06-20-2019, 05:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LSX Power Tuning
In order to keep your current tune you cant use a tech 2 and possibly not hpt or efi live. We charge $75 including return shipping to do but dont use any methods listed and it doesnt change your tune any, We have seen issues in some states where if the VIN doesnt the match the OS in the tune they wont pass it either.
That makes life easy. Done.. I'll send it to you guys once I pick up the new PCM. I ended up just buying an original replacement from the local GM dealership.
Old 06-21-2019, 10:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

when I swapped my pcm to a 0411 I bought a oem pcm from the dealership I work at. The new pcm had a cheap molded seal that leaked like hell. after a few days of hard rain I go to start my car and it's acting crazy due the pcm was half full of water. I swapped it out and the other ecm had the same molded seal. I went to home depot and got some sealant and resealed it. no more water in the ecm. but maybe you won't have this problem since is doesn't rain in cali lol