Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Start Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2019, 05:31 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Start Help Please

Last night I attempted to start my procharged ls swap for the first time. It would start and stay running for maybe 2 or 3 seconds then it would die. It didn't matter if it was at idle RPM or if I hit the gas, it would still die after a couple seconds. I had a start up tune done through email. Can anybody give me some ideas about what may be causing this. It had good fuel and good oil pressure when running. Thanks Tommy
Old 07-22-2019, 07:46 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 194 Likes on 140 Posts

Who did your mail order tune? Really sounds like VATS.
Old 07-22-2019, 08:03 AM
Launching!

I had Pat G do the mail order tune. I had used this computer on my previous ls swap but this new combination is very different so I had them do a start up tune for me. Previously when I was using this PCM I had the VATS turned off. Is it possible they could have somehow got turned back on when I had a new tune put in it?
Old 07-22-2019, 08:28 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 194 Likes on 140 Posts

Yes, its possible if they started with another tune that wasn't in a swap vehicle, then forgot to turn it back off. You would need tuning software of some sort to check it though. Or maybe call them, some tuners keep what they did on file so they can go back and look at it.
Old 07-24-2019, 12:53 AM
On The Tree

If you don't have a tube going into your throttle body you may want to try adding one. I had a similar issue when I first went to start mine after the swap, VATS supposed to be turned off but it would only run for a few seconds. I read somewhere that the MAF doesn't like the airflow without the tube and once I added it she started and ran fine.

Rock