Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Lloyd Mats Alternative?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2023, 03:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Default Lloyd Mats Alternative?

I want to replace the floor mats and all my searching resulted in Lloyd Mats being the go-to shop. Problem is they are impossible to get a response from. I've messaged them through their website, emailed them, and called them and haven't received a response. Since they don't want my money can you guys give me some recommendations for where to get new floor mats?
Old 12-22-2023, 03:26 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,631 Likes on 1,174 Posts

I don't think I've ever ordered from them directly, I've bought a few sets but always gone through a distributor/vendor. Then again, that was many years ago and I'm not sure if they were even selling directly to the public back then - or maybe the price was just higher that way.

How long have you been trying to contact them? I wonder if they shut down for the holidays?

But I do get it, you can only try so many times before you're just "done" with a place. It's a really nice product though.
The following users liked this post:
NC01TA (12-22-2023)
Old 12-22-2023, 03:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
I don't think I've ever ordered from them directly, I've bought a few sets but always gone through a distributor/vendor. Then again, that was many years ago and I'm not sure if they were even selling directly to the public back then - or maybe the price was just higher that way.

How long have you been trying to contact them? I wonder if they shut down for the holidays?

But I do get it, you can only try so many times before you're just "done" with a place. It's a really nice product though.
I've been trying to get samples before pulling the trigger for 2 weeks now. When I called, their secretary did answer and transferred me to the person who deals with samples. They didn't answer so I left a voicemail and haven't heard back.

Rock Auto sells ACC and Dash Designs for pretty cheap but I'd have to guess on the color correctness and material look/feel just like with Lloyd Mats. Summit sells ACC and Lloyd Mats but same problem, it'd be a guessing game.
Old 12-22-2023, 04:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 492 Likes on 353 Posts

I think the timing is bad too with the holidays. I have never had an issue with them or through one of their vendors. The mats are so nice!!! Made in USA too
Old 12-22-2023, 04:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 154 Likes on 139 Posts

I've gotten a pair of Lloyd's Firebird floor mats from eBay. Check there
NC01TA (12-23-2023)
Old 12-22-2023, 04:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 152 Likes on 112 Posts

It's the holidays. They probably have a gazillion orders and are working overtime to fill them. Maybe touch base with them a week or two after the 1st.
NC01TA (12-23-2023)
Old 12-22-2023, 07:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 832 Likes on 635 Posts

Amazon sells them
Old 12-22-2023, 10:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok, I'll try again after the holiday season has calmed down. If I still can't get a hold of someone to send samples, I found mats that will work great from Hawks Motorsports. They cost more and won't have a logo but at least I know they will fit and the color will match.
Old 01-26-2024, 09:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

I never got a response from Lloyd Mat Store but I did get a response from Afterthoughts Auto and they sent me samples. Here are what the samples look like against my carpet. I have the center console out for some other work I'm doing so I used that carpet for comparison. You can see the carpet that sits under the console is still pristine and the carpet that sits outside the console is faded. The samples look different against both. In the first picture the samples on the left are Ultimat ebony, gray, smoke, graphite, euro gray. The one in the middle is berber 2 ebony, then classic loop ebony and smoke, then velourtex ebony and smoke. The second picture I flipped them.

I ended up going with Ultimat ebony. Even though it's darker than the carpet you can't tell with the naked eye and in normal light. Yes the ebony velourtex looks like a direct match but I liked the Ultimat texture more and I'm sure the color will eventually fade.

Last edited by AdsoYo; 01-27-2024 at 12:18 AM.
Old 01-27-2024, 04:06 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Originally Posted by AdsoYo
I ended up going with Ultimat ebony. Even though it's darker than the carpet you can't tell with the naked eye and in normal light. Yes the ebony velourtex looks like a direct match but I liked the Ultimat texture more and I'm sure the color will eventually fade.
Before reading this last part I was going to say that the Velourtex ebony looked like the best match, but I understand going another route if you prefer the texture of the Ultimat.

When I got these for my '98, there was nothing in their catalog that perfectly matched the Dark Gray/Dark Pewter (code 14I) color used in this year, so I just went with universal black. This actually worked quite well as so many of the interior pieces in a Camaro are true black (switches, *****, etc.) regardless of carpet/seat/dash color, but many of those same items are gray in the Pontiacs so black might not blend in as well.
Old 02-13-2024, 04:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

New Lloyd mats are in. In the shade you can't tell they're different colors, in the sun you can. But how often is that case, know what I'm saying? Also the dirt from my shoes is already fading the mat so it'll match in no time

NC01TA (02-14-2024)
Old 02-13-2024, 05:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

what are the 2 holes punched in the drive-side floor mat for since we don't have retainers in the floor to hold them?

does anybody make just the rear trunk mat (behind the rear seat back) ?
Old 02-14-2024, 12:15 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

New Lloyd mats are in. In the shade you can't tell they're different colors, in the sun you can. But how often is that case, know what I'm saying? Also the dirt from my shoes is already fading the mat so it'll match in no time
Very nice! Looks like they are still making great quality/fitment products.

Originally Posted by bigsticksupra
what are the 2 holes punched in the drive-side floor mat for since we don't have retainers in the floor to hold them?
When I bought mine, like 20 years ago, they came with the same holes. But they also came with screw-in retainers that you could attach to the factory carpet similar to the arrangement in many modern cars. I did not install the retainers though, I didn't want to make any holes in my original carpet. I wish they could have been ordered without the pre-punched holes in the mat, but that was not an option at the time (looks like it's still not an option).

Yes, Lloyd's made this as well (again, 20 years ago in my case). I actually bought that separately, before the rest of the mats back then. Not sure if they still make these though.
NC01TA (02-14-2024)
Old 02-14-2024, 12:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

RPM WS6 is correct about the holes in the mat. It's just the driver's mat, the passenger side has no holes. You can't order it with no holes and I also didn't use the retainers. The mat doesn't seem to be sliding around at all though. I got these from afterthoughtsauto.com and they sell just the trunk mat.
NC01TA (02-14-2024)
Old 02-14-2024, 01:16 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Thumbs up

The mat doesn't seem to be sliding around at all though.

After two decades, mine still don't slide around. The backing material is very grippy and durable. Granted, I don't drive the car much, but in all these years I've never had to adjust it except when removing it for vacuuming.
NC01TA (02-14-2024)
Old 02-14-2024, 07:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Nice mats AdsoYo!!
My replacements have the 2 holes too on the driver's side. No big deal. Who notices? This is all I see (the Firebird emblem) whenever I look down.

Old 02-14-2024, 02:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looks good! I was deliberating between the emblem and "TransAm" and ultimately decided on TransAm because I felt like just having the name on the doors wasn't enough.
NC01TA (02-16-2024)
Old 03-22-2024, 09:28 AM
Teching In

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

These are from Lloyds mats. ordered direct for my 78 T/A . They are well made.

NC01TA (Today)
Old Yesterday, 10:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

small update: my driver's side mat ended up sliding forward over time. It was bugging me enough I wanted to think up a solution. I bought some 1/8" nylon cord and tied the mat to the chair mounts with the knot hidden under the mat so now it's not going anywhere.

NC01TA (Today)
Old Today, 08:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Good idea. Not too noticeable. I guess I've been lucky with mine as I really haven't had the problem.

Quick Reply: Lloyd Mats Alternative?