Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

I signed up on ls1tech so I can have something to get excited about.

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2024, 06:06 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I signed up on ls1tech so I can have something to get excited about.

Hello everyone, my name is Kerry and I'm 63 years old and my daily driver is a 1998 Camaro SS convertible. It's red with the beige top and has racing stripes down the hood and trunk. It has two things I believe most real enthusiasts would like to change. I would like to change the cloth interior for leather the automatic for a stick. Still I bought it on a whim and haven't regretted it for a minute. When I bought it 5 years ago it had always been garage in Scottsdale Arizona. Now it's a Southern California car. This is the only car I've ever had where I'm always getting compliments from people of all walks of life. Some people don't know what it is but just like the looks and others know exactly what it is. So I signed up on this site so I could talk to people with the same interest in nice cars as I have and that is what excites me. I've always done most of the work on my cars sometimes to save money and other times because I just didn't trust anybody else to do it. I've always been a camaron firebird guy that's my first car it's 68 formula firebird. I put the engine in that at 16. Now that I'm older everything's a little more difficult but I still manage to do it only slower. Thank you for taking the time to read this and hope everyone has a great day and drive fast but safe. I was a truck driver 40 years and there's certain rules to the road you have to remember but my three most important are always: do not tailgate, do not change lanes or ride in somebody's blind spot and always assume the other vehicle cannot see you so you never know what they're going to do. Should be ready for them to do anything. And watch out for the motorcycles they really are hard to see. I know that's four but I think it's the most important.

The following users liked this post:
Three77 (06-17-2024)
Old 06-15-2024, 10:31 PM
ModSquad

Received 3,479 Likes on 2,145 Posts

Welcome to LS1Tech! Nice car sir.
Old 06-15-2024, 10:49 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thank you and thank you for the response.

Until I received a message I was starting to wonder if I was alone on this forum. I put in a request about 8 or 9 days ago for any help with somebody might be able to give me on a charge issue. Not a serious response. Who else should you get responses. Can you think of anything I might have been wrong? I put it on the newbie section and went back and deleted most of it thank you baby was too long I kept to the basics and still nothing. If there's anything I need to know about what it takes to get a response and just missing it please let me know thank you very much and have a nice day.
Old 06-16-2024, 06:11 AM
12 Second Club

Received 540 Likes on 429 Posts

Welcome to the site! A lot of us long timers stick to certain sections of the site, so if you posted in the new member section, it may have been missed. Sorry about that! Make a post in the "Wiring, Stereo, and Electronics" section and you're more likely to have someone see it and be able to reply to your message. Nice car, by the way! If you're looking to change to leather, you have a few options - 1) Find a low mileage set of leather seats from a similar model, but they're not going to be cheap if they're nice. 2) Take your seats to a professional upholstery shop and have them recovered in leather ( also not cheap ) or 3) if you want the leather look, but can handle vinyl, there are nicely made reproduction seat covers from resto companies. As for swapping to a stick, many people have done it. It's not terribly difficult, besides sourcing all of the parts. I'll probably have a built T-56 transmission for sale this coming spring, as my new engine build is going to far exceed the power capabilities of the trans ( trans is built for 700 HP, my engine is going to make around 800 to the rear wheels ). Have fun with your car! F-bodies are great

Quick Reply: I signed up on ls1tech so I can have something to get excited about.