Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Help! Running rich

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2024, 02:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help! Running rich

Hey everyone. I installed a LSA SC on my 98 TA and on my first couple of starts my car has been running super rich and I cant figure out why, I just pulled the plugs and all 4 from the passenger side are black and 2 from the drivers side (cylinders 3-7) are black. I ran a smoke test and dont have any vacuum leaks and I dont get any codes or CEL. I changed o2 sensors and threw new plugs in it only to get the same thing. When I sent the data log to my tuner he said its 1000% mechanical but I just cant figure out what. I have the data logs if anyone needs information off of that to help be get this thing running. I appreciate any input.
Old 07-07-2024, 10:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 521 Likes on 368 Posts

The logs and more info on the exact parts changed would be helpful, but I have a feeling you have multiple issues. It looks like number 1 and 5 are not firing at all, but the fact that it is not throwing any codes tells me your "tuner" took some liberties with deleting diagnostic codes in the tune as well. I have suspicions, but without the datalogs, fuel system info, and the tune, I can only speculate. That being said, nothing in the tune will keep 2 cylinders from firing at all, so you definitely have wiring or mechanical issues to diagnose.
Old 07-08-2024, 11:02 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I appreciate the reply. Besides the SC I ended up swapping out my old 98 pcm for a 0411 and repinned it using the MRK swap guide. I’m sure you hit the nail on the head when you said wiring issues. I must have goofed something up in that process. I honestly think I’m just gonna swap out my old re-pinned harness for a 99-02 one which I have. I’ve done compression and leak down and smoke tests but never thought about the pcm until you mentioned wiring issues

Quick Reply: Help! Running rich